Hey, Judy A!

Old August 12th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Hey, Judy A!

[]
Zorro's going to be a "speaker" at this fall's Alaska
Dog Musher's Association Symposium:
http://www.sleddog.org/symposium/200...ers.html#zorro

Old August 12th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Melinda said ...
Zorro is going to be a "speaker" at this fall's Aaska Dog Musher
Symposium....
____________________________
Melinda,
Cool, he's a star. I wish I was going to be there to get his
"autograph". It is wonderful to know that he is about and about after
the wreck. He has a sweet litte face. Thanks for the info.

Be Free.....Judy

Old August 14th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

[]
--

You coming back?
If you have an anchorage layover, keep me posted.

LOL on the way home from Monks school we were at a light next to some Seavy
dogs in a box truck. My son was ELATED to see all the dogs faces. I
wondered how you transport your dogs.

Old August 14th 08, 11:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ications,
Beth In Alaska wrote:
You coming back?

Alas, it doesn't look like it. I really wanted to but work,
etc., plus I'm planning on doing a few dryland races here in
the fall. And then there's the travel, which in all my
years and all my miles of air travel was the absolute worst
I've ever experienced (US Airways - next time I fly to
Alaska on miles it will be United). That Wes Rau won't be
there this year makes me feel less bad about missing it but
I'm still disappointed.

LOL on the way home from Monks school we were at a light next to some Seavy
dogs in a box truck. My son was ELATED to see all the dogs faces. I
wondered how you transport your dogs.

In a dog box on the back of a pickup. People don't usually
notice when I've got a load of dogs unless I've got a sled
on top, which attracts their attention. Jack was making a
lot of noise when I took them to the boarding kennel last
month and we did get a lot of people pointing and smiling
when we passed through Ithaca.

In Fairbanks there were dog trucks (and trucks with water
tanks) all over the place but I didn't see a single Prius.
One thing I wondered about - people there transport their
skidoos in the bed of their pickups with their tailgates
up. How the heck do they get the tail of the skidoo up to
close the tailgate? Are Alaskans just insanely strong?

Old August 15th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

Beth In Alaska wrote:
You coming back?

Alas, it doesn't look like it. I really wanted to but work,
etc., plus I'm planning on doing a few dryland races here in
the fall. And then there's the travel, which in all my
years and all my miles of air travel was the absolute worst
I've ever experienced (US Airways - next time I fly to
Alaska on miles it will be United). That Wes Rau won't be
there this year makes me feel less bad about missing it but
I'm still disappointed.

We generally swear by Alaska Airlines, if you can use them from way over
there.

LOL on the way home from Monks school we were at a light next to some
Seavy
dogs in a box truck. My son was ELATED to see all the dogs faces. I
wondered how you transport your dogs.

In a dog box on the back of a pickup. People don't usually
notice when I've got a load of dogs unless I've got a sled
on top, which attracts their attention. Jack was making a
lot of noise when I took them to the boarding kennel last
month and we did get a lot of people pointing and smiling
when we passed through Ithaca

I don't think i knew how sleddogs were transported until i moved here. But
Monk already knows how they are transported and always looks for dogs in
boxes although usually the boxes are empty.

In Fairbanks there were dog trucks (and trucks with water
tanks) all over the place but I didn't see a single Prius.
One thing I wondered about - people there transport their
skidoos in the bed of their pickups with their tailgates
up. How the heck do they get the tail of the skidoo up to
close the tailgate? Are Alaskans just insanely strong?

The Skidoo Gospel According to Mike: You just get a friend to hold up the
rear end while you close the tailgate - the back of the skidoo isn't that
heavy, just the front!!

Old August 15th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ications,
Beth In Alaska wrote:
We generally swear by Alaska Airlines, if you can use them from way over
there.

Yes, they were awesome. I had to change my flights between
Anchorage and Fairbanks something like 3 times and each time
they just did it and didn't charge me and didn't bat an
eye. The check-in at ANC is really efficient - it reminds
me of some smaller European airports. But unfortunately
they won't take US Airways frequent flier miles, and I still
have several hundred thousand of those I need to use.

I don't think i knew how sleddogs were transported until i moved here. But
Monk already knows how they are transported and always looks for dogs in
boxes although usually the boxes are empty.

Several people have made toy dog boxes for the back of their
kids' toy pickups. Here are a couple of examples:
http://www.sleddogcentral.com/featur...mackenzie2.jpg
http://www.sleddogcentral.com/featur...anta_truck.jpg

The Skidoo Gospel According to Mike: You just get a friend to hold up the
rear end while you close the tailgate - the back of the skidoo isn't that
heavy, just the front!!

I'm crushed to learn that Alaskans aren't all super-hero
strong.

Old August 15th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
boxes although usually the boxes are empty.

Several people have made toy dog boxes for the back of their
kids' toy pickups. Here are a couple of examples:
http://www.sleddogcentral.com/featur...mackenzie2.jpg
http://www.sleddogcentral.com/featur...anta_truck.jpg

ooog thats too cute!! Monk would love that. Gotta find a toy pickup.

The Skidoo Gospel According to Mike: You just get a friend to hold up the
rear end while you close the tailgate - the back of the skidoo isn't that
heavy, just the front!!

I'm crushed to learn that Alaskans aren't all super-hero
strong.

My husband is actually. Weirdly strong for his size.

Old August 15th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Melinda said in part...
Several people have made toy dog boxes for the back of their kid's toy
pick ups.
________________________
Ahhhhh they are so precious, maybe I could have done away with some of
my shoeboxes with the plastic animals (under my bed) had I had a couple
of these trucks. (as a child)

Be Free.....Judy

Old August 16th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_4_]

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
Melinda said in part...
Several people have made toy dog boxes for the back of their kid's toy
pick ups.
________________________
Ahhhhh they are so precious, maybe I could have done away with some of
my shoeboxes with the plastic animals (under my bed) had I had a couple
of these trucks. (as a child)

I am with you on that Judy. I don't know who my parents were thinking of
when I got dolls and nurses kits.

What I wanted were horses, trucks, trailers, and barns. My aunt made me a
beautiful cowgirl suit out of split cowhide. She did beautiful leather
work. Anyway, it was a skirt, fringed on the bottom. A belt with silver
fittings, a vest with silver fittings.

My grandmother took me to the store to get a six-shooter to complete the
outfit and I threw a fit because I wanted a pair of guns, not just one.

I was told by Grandma and the sales clerk that cowgirls only had one gun.
Cowgirls be damned, I wanted two guns and I got two guns.

Bang bang,
Karla

Old August 16th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

"filly" wrote in message

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
Melinda said in part...
Several people have made toy dog boxes for the back of their kid's toy
pick ups.
________________________
Ahhhhh they are so precious, maybe I could have done away with some of
my shoeboxes with the plastic animals (under my bed) had I had a couple
of these trucks. (as a child)

I am with you on that Judy. I don't know who my parents were thinking of
when I got dolls and nurses kits.

My mom was very happy not to buy me dolls. I used to push stuffed animals
in the baby carriage.

What I wanted were horses, trucks, trailers, and barns. My aunt made me a
beautiful cowgirl suit out of split cowhide. She did beautiful leather
work. Anyway, it was a skirt, fringed on the bottom. A belt with silver
fittings, a vest with silver fittings.

OOOH, I want to see a picture of you in this, cowgirl.

My grandmother took me to the store to get a six-shooter to complete the
outfit and I threw a fit because I wanted a pair of guns, not just one.

LOL. I'm glad you had an aunt and a grandma who indulged you

I was told by Grandma and the sales clerk that cowgirls only had one gun.
Cowgirls be damned, I wanted two guns and I got two guns.

Bang bang,
Karla

I hereby name you Two-Shot-Karla.

ping Judy tiny dancer Dog behavior 1 October 17th 07 11:48 PM
Hey Judy! Shelly Dog behavior 7 October 16th 07 05:58 AM
Ping Judy diddy[_2_] Dog behavior 2 September 8th 07 01:19 AM
To Judy re fleas flick Dog behavior 2 April 5th 07 04:57 AM
Update on Judy :o) Donna Dog breeds 0 July 1st 03 07:15 AM