Marcie grows up

Old August 19th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Default Marcie grows up

That's right, she's in season. Her breeder had said probably 14 months
old or so, but here we are at 10.5 months and she's definitely in
season. This is actually a bit better in some ways, not so much in
others. If she had waited until Christmas time, that would have been a
break in flyball class schedule. As it is now, I'll have to figure out
when to spay her for the least impact on class attendance. She'll be
out of season just in time to start classes. Rudy shows no interest at
all, which is a good thing, although I know that may not last (he's
neutered anyway, but still....).

I'm hoping this all goes by without anything the least it "interesting"
about it!

--
Janet Boss
Old August 19th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska[_2_]

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
That's right, she's in season. Her breeder had said probably 14 months
old or so, but here we are at 10.5 months and she's definitely in
season. This is actually a bit better in some ways, not so much in
others. If she had waited until Christmas time, that would have been a
break in flyball class schedule. As it is now, I'll have to figure out
when to spay her for the least impact on class attendance. She'll be
out of season just in time to start classes. Rudy shows no interest at
all, which is a good thing, although I know that may not last (he's
neutered anyway, but still....).

oooh good rudy!! hope he maintains his cool!!

Old August 19th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sue and Atty[_2_]

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
That's right, she's in season. Her breeder had said probably 14 months
old or so, but here we are at 10.5 months and she's definitely in
season.

Ahh... an over achiever!

Sue and Atty

Old August 19th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

Sue and Atty wrote:

"Janet Boss" wrote in message

That's right, she's in season. Her breeder had said probably 14 months
old or so, but here we are at 10.5 months and she's definitely in
season.

Ahh... an over achiever!

Cala went in at 7.5 months. Can you imagine if she'd belonged to some
ignorant yahoo and had gotten bred at that age?
Old August 19th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Janet Boss said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Rudy shows no interest at
all, which is a good thing, although I know that may not
last (he's neutered anyway, but still....).

Friday showed no interest at all during Maybe's first week of
heat. But when the blood hit the floor all he wanted was her
booty. For two weeks. He was neutered at 4 months - that's 7
years ago.

Have fun with Rudy! Send pictures.

Old August 19th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Rocky wrote:

Friday showed no interest at all during Maybe's first week of
heat. But when the blood hit the floor all he wanted was her
booty.

The blood HAS hit the floor. I thought that was pretty much the start
and then for 2 weeks?

For two weeks. He was neutered at 4 months - that's 7
years ago.

Rudy was neutered at 4 months as well. Hmmmm - I'll be watching
carefully.

Have fun with Rudy! Send pictures.

Fun. That's the word. Pictures of Marcie in her little white Hanes
toddler boys undies?

--
Janet Boss
Old August 19th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
The blood HAS hit the floor. I thought that was pretty much the start
and then for 2 weeks?

No, it probably started ~a week ago, although the first one
can be kind of funky.

When my females have gone into heat Emmett's taken to
following them around moonie-eyed, not to mention attempting
to couple, and he was neutered at 5 months. Saber never
tried anything but he tries very hard not to offend, in
general.

Fun. That's the word. Pictures of Marcie in her little white Hanes
toddler boys undies?

Of course. Stains pointing in another direction, please.

Old August 19th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Janet Boss wrote:

In article ,
Rocky wrote:

Friday showed no interest at all during Maybe's first week of
heat. But when the blood hit the floor all he wanted was her
booty.

The blood HAS hit the floor. I thought that was pretty much the start
and then for 2 weeks?

For two weeks. He was neutered at 4 months - that's 7
years ago.

Rudy was neutered at 4 months as well. Hmmmm - I'll be watching
carefully.

Have fun with Rudy! Send pictures.

Fun. That's the word. Pictures of Marcie in her little white Hanes
toddler boys undies?

We tried using my son's tighty whiteys with Scully - they came with a
ready-made tail opening and all, but went to disposable pull-ups for
their increased absorbency. Catching Zane sucking on the carpet where
she'd been laying was too gross for words (this was pre-Pergo).

For the first pair I put them on her, used a sharpie marker to site the
tail hole, took them off and cut an X with my razor-edged shears to pull
her tail through. I used that as a template for additional pairs.

Old August 19th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Kathleen wrote:

I used that as a template for additional pairs.

Duly noted if this gets heavier! I'm gone for about 12 hours today, so
DH will have to figure this out when he gets home. He left before I
discovered the condition this morning.

--
Janet Boss