Furminator - again

Old August 24th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Furminator - again

DH discovered the Furminator a few days ago and is really enjoying
giving Beanie beauty parlor treatments in the front yard. Doesn't hurt
that the weather is perfect, the breeze divine and the view couldn't
be nicer. When he's done with her, Bella gets a treatment from me.

Beanie likes DH's technique better than mine, which works for all of
us. He's pulled many Pomeranians from her coat. The neighbors are
teasing us about how we'll have bald dogs, but there's so much hair in
the house, it's disgusting.

Of course, these are the same neighbors who thought it was terrible
that we like to have dogs on an elimination schedule and who thought
leash laws were for other people (and that their dog never left their
property).

I had been begging DH for some help with Beanie and it's delightful to
see her roll over on her back and curl her front paws up for ultimate
cuteness so he can brush her belly.
Old August 24th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Aug 24, 2:27*pm, Janet Boss
wrote:
In article
,
*All I
know is that I have wads of black hair in record time.

I think it's great that your DH has found his calling!

--

We still have huge hunks of hair everywhere.

DH is a man of many talents. I'm just happy that he finds brushing
gobs of hair out of Beanie to be amusing. That will change when we get
home, I'm sure...

I think it's coat blowing season whether dogs are in season or not...
Old August 24th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

wrote in message
On Aug 24, 2:27 pm, Janet Boss
wrote:
In article
,
All I
know is that I have wads of black hair in record time.

I think it's great that your DH has found his calling!

--

We still have huge hunks of hair everywhere.

DH is a man of many talents. I'm just happy that he finds brushing
gobs of hair out of Beanie to be amusing. That will change when we get
home, I'm sure...

I think it's coat blowing season whether dogs are in season or not...

--------------------------------

Merlin was that way before I began brushing him with the furminator. But
I've had mine a week or two now, and he's shedding way less than before. I
can tell when I'm brushing him. Far fewer brushloads of hair coming out.
And when I pet him, nowhere near the amount of fur that would come flying
out of him as before. Hope you have similar results, Montana! I'm thrilled
with it. Gracie has never been much of a shedder. Yesterday I did a big
cleaning in the great room, pulling off all the sofa cushions and vacuuming
everything. Then I gave Merlin another brushing outside.

td

Old August 24th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]