Ping: perrylep [ot] Hurricane Gustav

Old August 31st 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Default Ping: perrylep [ot] Hurricane Gustav

It appears that you are expecting full impact, My thoughts are with you.
You are more than welcome to seek shelter here
Old August 31st 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cajunpaisley

On Aug 31, 12:16*am, diddy none wrote:
It appears that you are expecting full impact, My thoughts are with you.
You are more than welcome to seek shelter here

today is our day to head...somewhere. i don't know which way we are
going,
if it's going to be north or west.
we spent yesterday boarding up everything and securing loose items.
with
the expected storm surge, it might be a moot point...

who knows i might not have a house to come home to....

we've stocked up on dog food, and will take the crates for the dogs,
in case
we wind up somewhere.
i'll be so relieved when this is all behind us. the hardest part of
the
hurricane game is the wait and see.

perry
Old August 31st 08, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

cajunpaisley spoke these words of wisdom in
:

On Aug 31, 12:16*am, diddy none wrote:
It appears that you are expecting full impact, My thoughts are with you.
You are more than welcome to seek shelter here

today is our day to head...somewhere. i don't know which way we are
going,
if it's going to be north or west.
we spent yesterday boarding up everything and securing loose items.
with
the expected storm surge, it might be a moot point...

who knows i might not have a house to come home to....

we've stocked up on dog food, and will take the crates for the dogs,
in case
we wind up somewhere.
i'll be so relieved when this is all behind us. the hardest part of
the
hurricane game is the wait and see.

perry

My prayers are with you.
The offer still stands
I wasn't paying attention to Gustav until i checked the CNN news at 2am
this morning. I'm preparing for our annual trip to the Colorado Mountains.
Then when i saw the hurricane taking dead Aim for you, I spent the rest of
the wee hours of the morning frightened for you.

I'm terrified for you.
Old August 31st 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Me too, Perry. I didn't know you still checked in here. I've been thinking
about you all day yesterday, wondering if you were leaving. I know you
didn't last time. You take good care, and we'll be thinking about you and
sending our thoughts and prayers your way. Get out and get far.

td

Old August 31st 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I'm with you diddy. Just listening to the weather update now. It appears
this one, if it holds course, could be worse for NOLA than Katrina. Katrina
made landfall east of NO. This one is expected to make landfall just west,
so NO will be on the frontside of the storm rather than the backside. The
frontside of the storm is the worst. The front side catches the strongest
winds, storm surge, etc. It's looking more and more ominous for NOLA.

td

Old August 31st 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
\(the\)duckster

"tiny dancer" wrote in message

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
[...]

One of my closest friends lost eveything when Katrina made landfall in
Gulfport Misssissippi. They are now in the Carolinas, but tell horrific
stories of when the barometer dropped and they knew it was time to bail.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

Kind regards,
(the)duckster

Old August 31st 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"\(the\)duckster" spoke these words of wisdom in

One of my closest friends lost eveything when Katrina made landfall in
Gulfport Misssissippi. They are now in the Carolinas, but tell horrific
stories of when the barometer dropped and they knew it was time to bail.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

Kind regards,
(the)duckster

I have a friend who lost everything in Gulfport (actually Waveland Miss.)
including her husband.
She's rebuilt her life, and her son (sheriff) must stay behind in the
storm's path. She's evacuating to the same hotel that lost it's roof and
flooded the first floor in Katrina. (If it were me, I'd evacuate farther
from the coast.. I have no experience with Hurricane's, but to me,
evacuating out of storm surge paths would be a priority to me)

I'm sending positive thoughts to everyone in the path of the Hurricane. But
especially to Perry, as I met her once and REALLY liked her.
Old August 31st 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

"cajunpaisley" wrote:

we've stocked up on dog food, and will take the crates for the dogs,
in case we wind up somewhere.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you - keep us posted when possible!!

Old August 31st 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
"\(the\)duckster" spoke these words of wisdom in

I'm sending positive thoughts to everyone in the path of the Hurricane.
But
especially to Perry, as I met her once and REALLY liked her.

Let's not forget 'many dogs'/flick, also in the area. And also hit hard by
Katrina.

td

Old August 31st 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

diddy wrote:
It appears that you are expecting full impact, My thoughts are with you.
You are more than welcome to seek shelter here

For those in harm's way, run, please, please pack up your children, old
folks and animals and run.

If you're determined to try to ride it out, fill your sinks, bath tubs
and any available containers with water, and for godssake, charge up
your cell phones.

Hurricane Redux - Ping Tara Leah Dog behavior 30 September 25th 04 07:25 AM
Hurricane Redux - Ping Tara Leah Dog behavior 0 September 23rd 04 04:14 PM
Hurricane Redux - Ping Tara Leah Dog behavior 0 September 23rd 04 04:14 PM
Hurricane Isabel Jdoee Dog behavior 0 September 19th 03 04:24 AM
Hurricane Isabel Jdoee Dog behavior 0 September 19th 03 04:24 AM