recommendation wanted on water bowl

Old September 2nd 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
D.Heydt

Default recommendation wanted on water bowl

What kind of water bowl does everyone here use? I am looking for the best
water dish that gives the dog the cleanest water. The fountain ones claim
to be very good but seem like a huge pain to clean. I'd want one that is
super easy to clean but good for drinking too. I've also heard that plastic
is not the best way to go. I want a bowl that won't give the water a bad
taste either. Is ceramic or stainless steel good? Or something else?
Thanks for any advice, recommendations or links to the bowl others use.

Old September 2nd 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
D.Heydt

Default addition to post

What kind of water bowl does everyone here use? I am looking for the best
water dish that gives the dog the cleanest water. The fountain ones claim
to be very good but seem like a huge pain to clean. I'd want one that is
super easy to clean but good for drinking too. I've also heard that
plastic is not the best way to go. I want a bowl that won't give the
water a bad taste either. Is ceramic or stainless steel good? Or
something else? Thanks for any advice, recommendations or links to the
bowl others use.

PLEASE POST RESPONSES HERE, DON'T USE EMAIL ADDRESS.

THANKS ALL! I appreciate it!

Old September 2nd 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
D.Heydt wrote:
What kind of water bowl does everyone here use?

I used stainless bowls. They're as clean as you make them.
Can't speak to the flavor but the dogs certainly haven't
said anything about it.

Old September 2nd 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
D.Heydt wrote:
What kind of water bowl does everyone here use?

I used stainless bowls. They're as clean as you make them.
Can't speak to the flavor but the dogs certainly haven't
said anything about it.

Same here; stainless is easy to clean. If your dog has a
tendency to tip the bowl over, get a no-tip broad-base style.

FurPaw

--
The plural of anecdote is not proof.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old September 2nd 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

D.Heydt posted in part...
What kind of water bowl does everyone here use?
_____________________________
I use a stainless steel water bowl. May I suggest that you avoid a
glass or ceramic bowl. I used a pyrex bowl for a water bowl decades
ago. One of my dogs flipped the bowl and it shattered. He was moving at
a good clip and it cut him across both front legs. It required a few
stitches in both of his legs. The chances of that happening again are
probably slim and none but just to be on the safe side I avoid glass
bowls or dishes.

Be Free.....Judy

Old September 2nd 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_4_]

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
D.Heydt posted in part...
What kind of water bowl does everyone here use?
_____________________________
I use a stainless steel water bowl. May I suggest that you avoid a
glass or ceramic bowl. I used a pyrex bowl for a water bowl decades
ago. One of my dogs flipped the bowl and it shattered. He was moving at
a good clip and it cut him across both front legs. It required a few
stitches in both of his legs. The chances of that happening again are
probably slim and none but just to be on the safe side I avoid glass
bowls or dishes.

Plus, if you run over the stainless steel bowls when camping, you can bend
them into a usable shape again!

Old September 2nd 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot[_2_]

These bowls are wonderful. I have 3 of them for the dogs. They can't tip
them over no matter how they try.

Celeste

"FurPaw" wrote in message
. ..

Old September 2nd 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nick

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 19:34:32 -0400, D.Heydt wrote:

What kind of water bowl does everyone here use? I am looking for the
best water dish that gives the dog the cleanest water. The fountain
ones claim to be very good but seem like a huge pain to clean. I'd want
one that is super easy to clean but good for drinking too. I've also
heard that plastic is not the best way to go. I want a bowl that won't
give the water a bad taste either. Is ceramic or stainless steel good?
Or something else? Thanks for any advice, recommendations or links to
the bowl others use.

I use stainless bowls. Easy to clean and my dog doesn't complain.

Nick
Old September 4th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mark Shaw

filly wrote:
Plus, if you run over the stainless steel bowls when camping, you can bend
them into a usable shape again!

I take it there's a story behind that....

Stainless here, too. The dogs' tags jingle against it when they
drink, but what do I care?

--
Mark Shaw (And Baron) moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"There is no psychiatrist in the world