It's always nice to hear

Old September 4th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Default It's always nice to hear

your vet tell you that not only is your 11.75 yo dog in incredibly good
shape, but that she fully expects her to see 16!

Lucy had her annual exam today. Her last one was a year ago this coming
Saturday, the same day we lost Franklin. That made it a little hard to
go to the animal hospital. I can't believe it's been almost a year
since we had to say goodbye to my silly boy.

Lucy was a svelte 62.2# and my vet agreed with me that she's in very
good condition. I credit a lot of that to Rudy and Marcie, her personal
training team. Still, I know that every year is precious and I am so
happy to have her healthy and sweet. She greeted every single person
who entered the hospital, and people are all sucked in by her very sweet
face and charming demeanor.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96658169@N00/2205635193/

I just love her to pieces and sure hope the vet's prediction comes true!

--
Janet Boss
Old September 4th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Janet Boss" wrote in message:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96658169@N00/2205635193/

I just love her to pieces and sure hope the vet's prediction comes true!

Amen to that!

There has been far too much bad news here lately. I for one am pulling for
Lucy to have a long and healthy life.

Suja

Old September 4th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_4_]

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
your vet tell you that not only is your 11.75 yo dog in incredibly good
shape, but that she fully expects her to see 16!

That is really something for the vet to say. In my experience, vets just
don't speculate on longevity, so your vet saying that right out loud is
fantastic.

And that's a great photo. If that bear were here for 10 minutes it would be
a memory and a small pile of stuffing.

Lucy looks just wonderful.
Karla

Old September 4th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"filly" wrote:

And that's a great photo. If that bear were here for 10 minutes it would be
a memory and a small pile of stuffing.

They all seem to respect "Ike" (ok, he came from IKEA, I'm not very
original!). Plus, he makes a great pillow!

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...0Dogs/ebff.jpg

--
Janet Boss
Old September 5th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-09-04 16:30:59 -0400, Janet Boss
said:

I just love her to pieces and sure hope the vet's prediction comes true!

Long live the queen!

Old September 5th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Janet Boss wrote:
your vet tell you that not only is your 11.75 yo dog in incredibly good
shape, but that she fully expects her to see 16!

She's lookin' great!

FurPaw

--
The plural of anecdote is not proof.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old September 5th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
William Clodius

elegy wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:30:59 -0400, Janet Boss
wrote:

your vet tell you that not only is your 11.75 yo dog in incredibly good
shape, but that she fully expects her to see 16!

that is great to hear and i sure hope your vet is right!

yay for healthy dogs!

She does look great. I wish we had that bear here.
Old September 8th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Janet said in part...
Lucy was a svelte 62.2# and my vet agreed with me that she was in very
good condtion.
______________________
Janet,
She look does look in very good condition. She looks like the queen of
her kingdom in that photo, abolutely majestic.
The photo and Karla's comment made me wonder about the bear's life span
here. I don't know if they would be as inclined to tear it limb from
limb as they would a small stuffed animal. (I am speaking of the boy
dogs, not Lady) I won't be finding out as I can't afford a toy of that
size for them to rip to pieces if it goes as usual.

Be Free.....Judy

Old September 9th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lynne

Janet Boss wrote:

I just love her to pieces and sure hope the vet's prediction comes true!

Aw, me, too!!!
Old September 13th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

"Janet Boss" wrote:

I just love her to pieces and sure hope the vet's prediction comes true!

From her lips to goD's ear....

That's a lovely picture of Lucy, btw. She's gorgeous!
(Not like I'm partial to handsome yellow mutts, or anything. :-D)

i hear NOT have morgan4eva Dog health 0 November 10th 05 07:40 PM
What did I hear? Chris Dog behavior 27 June 3rd 04 03:35 PM
What did I hear? Chris Dog behavior 0 June 2nd 04 09:09 PM
What did I hear? Chris Dog behavior 0 June 2nd 04 09:09 PM