Battening down the Hatches here

Old September 5th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

Default Battening down the Hatches here

Hanna is supposed to blow right over us tonight. Batteries, bottled water,
bathtub filled. Ready to hunker down.

td

Old September 6th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 18:54:59 -0400, "tiny dancer"
wrote:

Hanna is supposed to blow right over us tonight. Batteries, bottled water,
bathtub filled. Ready to hunker down.

Good luck, TD!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

The Real Google Agenda.
http://pajamasmedia.com/edgelings/20...google-agenda/

Do you really want this person to be your new First Lady? (Be sure to read her *entire* thesis).
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

With a Smile on Her Face, and Steel in Her Spine.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...NlNWZhZWJlODk=

If this doesn't scare the **** out of you, you might be a fascist.
http://volokh.com/posts/1220243277.shtml

Drill! Drill! Drill!
http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...h/4279775.html

Obama wants U.S. to be more like China! CHINA! What a maroon.
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carniv...bama-just.html

Why Obama's Red Mentor Is News.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/...r_is_news.html

Obama Played by Chicago Rules.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1219...comment aries
Old September 6th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"tiny dancer" spoke these words of
wisdom in :

Hanna is supposed to blow right over us tonight. Batteries, bottled
water, bathtub filled. Ready to hunker down.

td

Earlier this week we were sending the same wishes to Perry. Now to you.
Hunker down and be sure to check in once you emerge, unlike Perry (who may be
out of power still and unable)

At least let us know when you get power back!

Good luck
Old September 6th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sue and Atty[_2_]

"tiny dancer" wrote in message
Hanna is supposed to blow right over us tonight. Batteries, bottled
water, bathtub filled. Ready to hunker down.

td

Stay safe. We can't even batton down the hatches of our condo in Myrtle
Beach from Ohio - I'm watching very closely and hoping for the best. We
have renters coming in on Saturday - if they come.

Sue and Atty

Old September 6th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-09-05 18:54:59 -0400, "tiny dancer"
said:

Hanna is supposed to blow right over us tonight. Batteries, bottled water,
bathtub filled. Ready to hunker down.

Hope Hanna is just a big storm and that all the preparation was just a
kind of a fun dry run.

Old September 6th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

"Sue and Atty" wrote in message

"tiny dancer" wrote in message
Hanna is supposed to blow right over us tonight. Batteries, bottled
water, bathtub filled. Ready to hunker down.

td

Stay safe. We can't even batton down the hatches of our condo in Myrtle
Beach from Ohio - I'm watching very closely and hoping for the best. We
have renters coming in on Saturday - if they come.

Sue and Atty

http://www.wral.com/weather/radar/?m=regrad

If that works you should be able to see Myrtle Beach right now. Where are
the renters coming from? I'd guess they'd probably still come, should be
all over down in Myrtle by morning, or very early afternoon at the latest.

Worst part for me personally, I gave up cigarettes, coming up on 72 hours
without a smoke. Just a spur of the moment thing, no gum or patches, cold
turkey. I hope it's not too windy. Don't need a lot of stress in my life
right now. Its not a long slide down into 'bat-**** crazy' for me right
now. ;-]

Hope your place in Myrtle Beach fairs well.

td

Old September 6th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sue and Atty[_2_]

"tiny dancer" wrote in message
.. .

If that works you should be able to see Myrtle Beach right now. Where are
the renters coming from? I'd guess they'd probably still come, should be
all over down in Myrtle by morning, or very early afternoon at the latest.

Worst part for me personally, I gave up cigarettes, coming up on 72 hours
without a smoke. Just a spur of the moment thing, no gum or patches, cold
turkey. I hope it's not too windy. Don't need a lot of stress in my life
right now. Its not a long slide down into 'bat-**** crazy' for me right
now. ;-]

Hope your place in Myrtle Beach fairs well.

td

Not sure where they're coming from - our rental manager didn't tell me.
I've been watching the pier about 5 miles S of us.

http://www.pier14.com/earthcam.html
and the ODOT cam less than a 1/2 mile from our place.

It is what it is, I can't do anything about it from here except watch from
afar and wait. If we have damage, we'll deal with it. Property can be
replaced, people can't, so I hope nobody is injured or worse.

Best of luck in your venture - I'd suggest a good strong drink, but that
might make you want one more! I have a feeling there's going to be some
stress tonight. Thankfully not as much as Gustav provided. I think we'll
be lucky and it won't be too strong. (positive thinking helps, right?)

Sue and Atty

Old September 6th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sue and Atty[_2_]

"Sue and Atty" wrote in message

Not sure where they're coming from - our rental manager didn't tell me.
I've been watching the pier about 5 miles S of us.

http://www.pier14.com/earthcam.html
and the ODOT cam less than a 1/2 mile from our place.

oops, Let's try SCDOT cams! I bet I can see alot more that way! duh

Sue and Atty

Old September 6th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-09-05 21:35:24 -0400, "tiny dancer"
said:

I gave up cigarettes,

Good for you! Keep at it.

Remember the movie Airplane with all the great lines about giving up smoking?

Old September 6th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer[_3_]

wrote:

Hanna is supposed to blow right over us tonight. Batteries, bottled
water,
bathtub filled. Ready to hunker down.

Good luck, TD!

Thanks Jack. The power here is very intermittent right now. Lots of rain
and lots of wind. No damage that we can see anyway. Haven't been way out
back to see if any shingles are missing from the roof or anything.

My dogs are fine, but they aren't bothered by loud noises, etc. Only one
time last night, after a particularly long and loud *boom*, did gracie lift
her head and look to me for assurance.

And no, much as I wanted, I didn't have a cigarette. Just past the 84 hour
mark. Don't know yet if I'm happy about that or sad. I miss my cigs.

td