That Scamp!

Old September 11th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

Default That Scamp!

Cash-pup has figured out how to get his 'satillite dish' off on his own.
It's there another 4 days as his neutering heals up. He tucks the right
side under the sofa, then rapidly rolls to the left. 'Pop go the snaps!'

Old September 12th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"cshenk" wrote in message
Cash-pup has figured out how to get his 'satillite dish' off on his own.
It's there another 4 days as his neutering heals up. He tucks the right
side under the sofa, then rapidly rolls to the left. 'Pop go the snaps!'

IIRC, I was able to fix Muttley's cone collar by punching some holes with a
leather punch and then using ty-wraps to make sure it could not come
undone. He tore up the first one by forcing his way under chain link
fencing on the kennel I got for him. I had to go to the vets to get another
one when he chewed on the incision and developed a fair sized hematoma that
my nurse friend recognized as such.

You could also probably drill some holes in the plastic and use twine or
nylon cord or shoestrings to hold it together.

Paul and Muttley

Old September 13th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote
"cshenk" wrote

Cash-pup has figured out how to get his 'satillite dish' off on his own.
It's there another 4 days as his neutering heals up. He tucks the right
side under the sofa, then rapidly rolls to the left. 'Pop go the snaps!'

IIRC, I was able to fix Muttley's cone collar by punching some holes with
a leather punch and then using ty-wraps to make sure it could not come
undone. He tore up the first one by forcing his way under chain link

Grin, well it's all over. Vet said it looks great and to take it off. It's
day 8 and we've kept it all dry and such as one is supposed to.

In the end he found 3 ways to take it off.

1- catch the edge between 2 of the big books on the bookshelf then snap head
back til snaps pop.

2. tuck right edge under sofa, rapidly roll to left til snaps pop..

And the best one:

3. Get Daisy-cat to help by sitting on one end and he rolls to the other
(she's 12lbs, enough to anchor it). Snaps right open!

(Yup, may cat and dog, living in sinful collusion).