Double brag

Old May 1st 04, 08:12 PM
Amanda Tikkanen

Default Double brag

On a whim at today's UKC show (Belleville, MI) I decided to try to get
his CGC (hadn't trained for it, but hey... why not). He passed with
flying colors.

I thought that would be good since he didn't do anything in the Group
ring the first time 'round, I thought this would be nice to not go
home empty handed....

Then in Show 2 he won the Herding Group (That's right folks-- GROUP
1!). The judge really really liked him and didn't waste time making
her selection. The photographers loved him-- said he's the best
Catahoula they'd ever taken pictures of (not just physically nice, but
a great personality). VBG

I guess that's not too bad for a rainy day.

-Amanda
Ch. Cat's Cradle's Beaufort, CGC
http://www.uberpest.com
Old May 1st 04, 08:59 PM
Tiger Lily

woo hoo!!!!
great showing!
congrats all around

om...

Old May 2nd 04, 12:15 PM
KrisHur

Big congrats--the big Cat dogs probably don't take group very often, he must
be some specimen!

--
Kristen and
Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT

Old May 4th 04, 12:48 AM
Amanda Tikkanen

(Lynn K.) wrote in message . com...
(Amanda Tikkanen) wrote in message . com...

The judge really really liked him and didn't waste time making
her selection.

No wonder - you've got him in absolutely spectacular condition! It's
got to be very unusual for a Catahoula to take Group, but I'm sure he
deserved it. Congratulations!

Lynn K.

It's very unusual. I don't think it has anything to do with the
quality of the dogs, necessarily, but from the rarity of the breed.
For instance, every judge has seen a GSD or Sheltie and should know
what a really nice one looks like. On the other hand, few people have
even heard of a Catahoula, so it's harder to decide if it's truly
special.

In this case (as was the case for the Classic in March) Catahoulas are
one of the judge's favorite breeds. She LOVES to see them, especially
if they are nice. She also thought it was great that Beau has such a
nice temperament (While we were doing photos I made mention that he'd
earned his CGC that day and she said "I can see why. He's so nice.").

My Dad looked at the requirements for the CGC and said, "Huh. They
must have caught him on a good day. Says here he came when he was
called."

Oh yeah, and on Saturday night it rained and the building's roof
leaked. Mr. Bayou Dog (who happens to HATE getting his feet wet) dig
flying leaps (aka broad jumps) over the puddles of water when doing
the gaiting pattern. I think it's a little hard to evaluate movement
in that situation.

-Amanda
http://www.uberpest.com
Ch. Cat's Cradle's Beaufort, CGC
Lucy Anna Skye, MB-CD
Old May 4th 04, 01:01 AM
Amanda Tikkanen

"KrisHur" wrote in message ...
Big congrats--the big Cat dogs probably don't take group very often, he must
be some specimen!

--
Kristen and
Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT
www.kristenandkali.com

I like him. G

I don't think it is very common, simply because so many people haven't
seen them that it's HARD to put it up, especially (as in Beau's case)
the dog is the only one of the breed at the show.

I was checking out the requirements for various packing titles... and
I think maybe it's time to put one on the little man (one only
requires a certain weight and 10 miles at a time. One of the women at
work said she'd sign off on the paperwork if he did the miles-- it's
NICE to work at a State Park with the more than 10 miles of trails)

-Amanda
http://www.uberpest.com