Hey Robin - DOBE agility. ;-)

Old September 28th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

Default Hey Robin - DOBE agility. ;-)

Backtracking from the video Matt posted, I found that the same guy has NADAC
Championships runs posted.

So here's my friend & former classmate Nicole, with Mojo who's 7 or so now
IIRC, and Luxx who's around 5, ditto..
Nic's a bit off her game in most of the runs, having come down with a nasty
stomach bug on the way - she was so sick the first day she couldn't get out
of bed, much less run her dogs. It really shows in a lot of her runs,
especially the ones with Luxx.

Mojo:

Jumpers:
http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...9-17-mojo-2jmp
http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...9-17-mojo-1jmp

Weavers:
http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...9-17-mojo-1jmp
(Don't know WHAT the ring crew was thinking, getting in the way like that!)

And a couple of the Regular runs:
http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...9-20-mojo-3reg
I'm still not sure why he went out to the Aframe on that one... she didn't
seem that late on the here, but I'm thinking maybe he needed another between
the jumps.
http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...9-20-mojo-4reg
Shot from an odd angle (and boy she's late on that mid-run "here") but the
angle shows his weave footwork well.

Nice smooth runs (she must have been feeling better by then):
http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...9-21-mojo-5reg
http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...9-21-mojo-6reg

Luxx:

Team run with Nelson Hardie & Hattie (Eskie with awesome weaves!), and Tom
Moloney-Harmon & Piper (Sheltie). Matt may recall Tom and his awesome little
Maddie at the Canadian Nat'ls a couple of years ago; Piper's a lot greener
but Tom has much of the same stunning distance handling with him.
(http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...-luxxpiper-3dg

Regular... Nicole's way off her usual here - the off-course towards the end
seems to be her just forgetting where she was; she made the good decision to
just find a way out of the ring:
http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...9-20-luxx-4reg

NICE Jumpers run:
http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...9-17-luxx-1jmp

Old September 28th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

Piggybacking:

Matt may recall Tom and his awesome little Maddie at the Canadian Nat'ls a
couple of years ago; Piper's a lot greener but Tom has much of the same
stunning distance handling with him.

Speaking of which:
http://www.agilityvideoservice.com/d...17-maddies-jmp

Maddie definitely puts the lie to the adage that tiny dogs can't do
distance!
They don't quite get all the challenge (which is optional), but it's still
awesome... especially considering Maddie's something like 11 years old.

Old September 29th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

"sionnach" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Matt may recall Tom and his awesome little
Maddie at the Canadian Nat'ls a couple of years ago

I don't, though I did room with a Tom and his Sheltie in
Montreal in 2005. Not the same Tom/Sheltie, though, I think.

What class was he in? I'm going to be running against a whole
different group of dogs when I move Friday to Veterans.

Old September 29th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

I watched most of them, very nice! I know she placed 4th overall in her
height and was thrilled in spite of being so sick.

I still think hoops are just dumb as snot.
Old September 29th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message
I watched most of them, very nice! I know she placed 4th overall in her
height and was thrilled in spite of being so sick.

I still think hoops are just dumb as snot.

You're not alone in that. I didn't, and don't, mind the Hoopers *class*,
but was not thrilled when they started showing up in T&G and Weavers.

Old September 29th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

"Rocky" wrote:

I don't, though I did room with a Tom and his Sheltie in
Montreal in 2005. Not the same Tom/Sheltie, though, I think.

Probably not. g
However IIRC we did discuss Tom M-H at the time... very tall skinny guy,
with a very teeny and very talkative Sheltie. He's not Canadian, he's from
Maryland; a member of my former agility club.

What class was he in?

Don't know what the Canadian jump heights are, but Maddie's very small -
she jumped 12" in NADAC (I think he's got her in Veterans now at 8"), and
that's close to her shoulder height. I posted a link to one run of her a
bit upthread.

Old September 29th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

sionnach wrote:
"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message

I watched most of them, very nice! I know she placed 4th overall in her
height and was thrilled in spite of being so sick.

I still think hoops are just dumb as snot.

You're not alone in that. I didn't, and don't, mind the Hoopers *class*,
but was not thrilled when they started showing up in T&G and Weavers.

Yep, probably my final/final break with NADAC. Cala would absolutely
jump them and try to kill herself.

I have Zipper in a local ASCA trial this weekend. Regular and Jumpers.
We really haven't started working on Gamblers yet and my funds are SO
limited I decided not to even enter Cala. But it'll be fun. Looks like
weather is going to be perfect.
Old September 29th 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Robin Nuttall said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Yep, probably my final/final break with NADAC. Cala would
absolutely jump them and try to kill herself.

I showed up early at my group's Kathy Keats seminar and saw that
someone had left out a series of hoops from a previous day's
drop-in training.

Friday barks at me when he's not satisfied. I thought I'd run
him through the hoops, which he did willingly, but he was
clearly not satisified with their non-jumping aspect.

A friend of mine is a NADAC judge, and the way she described the
hoopers class, it sounds interesting.