What Dogs Prefer?

Old June 22nd 04, 11:17 PM
Rosa

Default What Dogs Prefer?

"Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message
I suppose I could experiment to find out, but do dogs discriminate
between cuts of meat? I mean do dogs prefer filet mignon to ground beef?
Or don't they care?

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

My dogs like most meats and coldcuts. A big favourite is liver in almost any
form, so liverwurst is a delicacy. Smoked ham is also very good. I haven't
done any proper testing *grin* but it seems to me that my dogs both prefer
fatty meat.

Old June 23rd 04, 06:54 AM
Sharon too

My dogs like most meats and coldcuts. A big favourite is liver in almost
any
form, so liverwurst is a delicacy. Smoked ham is also very good. I haven't
done any proper testing *grin* but it seems to me that my dogs both prefer
fatty meat.

My dogs prefer whatever is kept most from them. The bigger the challenge,
the greater the reward. Tonight it was chicken fingers left out on the stove
while we were out cheering on our soccer kids. Poof, they were gone. It must
have been quite a sight as they got up on their back feet and reached all
the way to the back of the counter.

-Sharon

Old June 23rd 04, 11:31 AM
Rosa

"Sharon too" wrote in message
My dogs like most meats and coldcuts. A big favourite is liver in almost

any
form, so liverwurst is a delicacy. Smoked ham is also very good. I

haven't
done any proper testing *grin* but it seems to me that my dogs both

prefer
fatty meat.

My dogs prefer whatever is kept most from them. The bigger the challenge,
the greater the reward. Tonight it was chicken fingers left out on the

stove
while we were out cheering on our soccer kids. Poof, they were gone. It

must
have been quite a sight as they got up on their back feet and reached all
the way to the back of the counter.

-Sharon

Heh, my oldster only shreds and spreads trash and probably licks the
youngsters bowl when home alone ( that is naughtiest things she can think
of). The youngster on the other hand countersurfs, but he hardly ever eats
anything he steals. He usually prefers to drop things to the floor, carry
them around and hide them in and under the bed, sofa etc. This also applies
to really yummie things like pigs ears and tails, if he finds more than a
couple of pieces =(.
That's one of the curses of having a picky dog - it leaves its
"tablescraps" everywhere! =)

Rosa

BTW, Any advice on how to get dog to eat more with better appetite are
welcome. I can't however feed him all raw or only homecooked - freezer and
kitchen is not big enough....

Old June 24th 04, 12:12 AM
James B. Davis

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:31:33 +0300, "Rosa" wrote:

BTW, Any advice on how to get dog to eat more with better appetite are
welcome. I can't however feed him all raw or only homecooked - freezer and
kitchen is not big enough....

Put some dried bonito flake in the food, mix it up, and he'll clean up
the food.

Jim Davis, President,
Eastern Beaver Company,
http://ebeaver.oberro.com/
Motorcycle Relay Kits

Old June 25th 04, 02:37 AM
Rocky

Rosa said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

what is bonito?

Tuna.

Old June 25th 04, 10:31 AM
James B. Davis

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 03:48:42 +0300, "Rosa" wrote:

what is bonito?

Type of Tuna

-
Jim Davis, President,
Eastern Beaver Company,
http://ebeaver.oberro.com/
Motorcycle Relay Kits
Old July 5th 04, 11:55 PM
Andrea

I have a dalmatian and he loves meat! most kinds but he get sick with
liver (poor him)but his just happy more than anything when he goes out
to take a walk with me evey morning, but I also have a border collie
and what she prefers: the BALL any ball but the game that makes her
really crazy is football soccer, she won't eat anything or do
anything else until the game is over!!

Andrea
http://www.youwager.com
http://www.payoffsplus.com