Jean Donaldson - training or ?!?!?!?

Old October 30th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Default Jean Donaldson - training or ?!?!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaA4k4SdTg

--
Janet Boss
Old October 30th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:49:56 -0400, Janet Boss
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaA4k4SdTg

hey Janet can we teach Harley to do this???

NOT!
Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley age 10 months Landseer Newfoundland
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old October 31st 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dale Atkin

"Janet Boss" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaA4k4SdTg

Interesting...not sure if it was meant to be the humping was the reward, or
if it was the behaviour? or?

Dale

Old October 31st 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Dale Atkin wrote:

"Janet Boss" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaA4k4SdTg

Interesting...not sure if it was meant to be the humping was the reward,
or if it was the behaviour? or?

It looked to me like she was using humping as a reward (like
others use playing tug as a reward - Premack principle, using a
highly probable behavior to reward a less probable behavior).

I'd be a lot more impressed if the video showed how to train your
dog NOT to hump your leg.

FurPaw

--
Why do people who embrace Social Darwinism object to teaching the
theory of evolution?

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old October 31st 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
FurPaw wrote:

It looked to me like she was using humping as a reward (like
others use playing tug as a reward - Premack principle, using a
highly probable behavior to reward a less probable behavior).

I'd be a lot more impressed if the video showed how to train your
dog NOT to hump your leg.

I think her choice is bizarre to say the least. The "reward" seems to
have few limits and is just very odd in so many ways.

--
Janet Boss
Old October 31st 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
FurPaw wrote:
It looked to me like she was using humping as a reward (like
others use playing tug as a reward - Premack principle, using a
highly probable behavior to reward a less probable behavior).

She said that she had trained the dog to do that. Do you
think that's not what was actually going on? I couldn't
tell so I took her at her word.

At any rate I thought it showed kind of poor judgment,
either way. I get the impression that Donaldson is a really
smart person with crappy social filters, and working in the
tech industry that's pretty familiar behavior.

Old October 31st 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
(Melinda Shore) wrote:

I get the impression that Donaldson is a really
smart person with crappy social filters,

aka fruitcake?

--
Janet Boss
Old October 31st 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
(Melinda Shore) wrote:

so I guess
I tend to see it as not right but not surprising.

More surprising that she chose to Youtube it?

--
Janet Boss
Old October 31st 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
More surprising that she chose to Youtube it?

You need to hang out with more nerds!

(Or maybe not.)