Note to Harriet

Old November 4th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Note to Harriet

No matter how fast you chase your tail, you will not catch it. EVAR.
I do appreciate the enthusiasm you display while trying, however.

--
Shelly
Old November 4th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:28:05 +0000 (UTC), Shelly
wrote:

No matter how fast you chase your tail, you will not catch it. EVAR.
I do appreciate the enthusiasm you display while trying, however.

I've NEVER had a dog that chased it's tail. I would imagine it's
rather amusing.
Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley age 10 months Landseer Newfoundland
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old November 4th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Nessa spoke these words of wisdom in
:

wrote:

No matter how fast you chase your tail, you will not catch it. EVAR.
I do appreciate the enthusiasm you display while trying, however.

I've NEVER had a dog that chased it's tail. I would imagine it's
rather amusing.
Best Wishes,

Nessa
---

I remember my childhood dachshund chasing her tail. She wasn't too bright.
I can't recall a dog since chasing one. I remember it being amusing
Old November 5th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Nessa wrote in
:

I've NEVER had a dog that chased it's tail. I would imagine it's
rather amusing.

Even more so when the dog doesn't *have* a tail!

--
Shelly
Old November 5th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

diddy none wrote in
:

I remember my childhood dachshund chasing her tail. She wasn't too
bright. I can't recall a dog since chasing one. I remember it
being amusing

It is. Harriet only tries it when she's feeling especially full of
joie de boxer.

Elliott would occasionally chase his tail, but he at least was able
to catch his. Harriet, not so much, but it's funny as hell watching
her try to catch her wee nubbin.

--
Shelly
Old November 5th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 23:09:25 +0000 (UTC), Shelly
wrote:

Nessa wrote in
:

I've NEVER had a dog that chased it's tail. I would imagine it's
rather amusing.

Even more so when the dog doesn't *have* a tail!

ok NOW I have that image in my mind... and yes I can see how fun that
could be.

Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Old November 5th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Nessa wrote in
:

ok NOW I have that image in my mind... and yes I can see how fun
that could be.

Now you can see why I laugh at her, because there's no way on earth
she's ever going to catch it.

--
Shelly
Old November 5th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

wrote:

No matter how fast you chase your tail, you will not catch it. EVAR.
I do appreciate the enthusiasm you display while trying, however.

I've NEVER had a dog that chased it's tail. I would imagine it's
rather amusing.

Toby used to do this whenever he got excited. One time he was chasing
his tail while running across the floor at the same time. Hilarity
ensued...it was not a productive way of traveling!
--
boss, sometimes i think | kevin michael vail
that our friend mehitabel |
Old November 5th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Shelly wrote:

diddy none wrote in
:

I remember my childhood dachshund chasing her tail. She wasn't too
bright. I can't recall a dog since chasing one. I remember it
being amusing

It is. Harriet only tries it when she's feeling especially full of
joie de boxer.

Elliott would occasionally chase his tail, but he at least was able
to catch his. Harriet, not so much, but it's funny as hell watching
her try to catch her wee nubbin.

As a gawky adolescent Zane would sometimes think his tail was some sort
of evil entity trying to sneak up on him (this was during his alligator
phase, when his snout had grown to adult proportions, while the rest of
his noggin, including, presumably, his brain lagged behind). He would
stare at his tail and growl ferociously and when the thing would refuse
to back off he would lunge at it and try to catch it so he could rid the
world of that vile menace.

I was very much relieved when he outgrew his paranoia about conspiracies
involving his ass end.

Old November 5th 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Shelly" wrote in message:

No matter how fast you chase your tail, you will not catch it. EVAR.
I do appreciate the enthusiasm you display while trying, however.

Pan does it as well. Except of course, she's got a tail to catch, and she
occasionally succeeds, only to fall over in a heap. It's actually an
attention getting ploy, 'cause I'm mean and she's got to resort to stupid
pet tricks to get any lurve.

Suja