I think he's bonded to me....

Old November 4th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

Default I think he's bonded to me....

Harley that is...

I"m loving this boy even if he is a scardy cat....

Bagel was not allowed upstairs due to his desire to pee... so we
purchased a very expensive dog retention unit (read a $2.50 piece of
press board) approximately 3 feet by 2 1/2 feet that I place at the
base of the steps.

Both Hannah and Bagel were terrified of this piece of wood. (probably
because I dropped it when I brought it in the first time and it made a
terrible noise.

Harley did not have such an experience so on the second day after he
learned steps he managed to push it out of the way and climb the steps
to me.

So I put a 5 gallon bottle of water on each side of the board so that
he could not move it.

I went upstairs to take my shower this morning. Hubby is on the
couch. Hannah is with them.

I hear crying. then I hear LOUDER crying. I open my bedroom door and
there stands HARLEY.

Newfoundlands have LONG LEGS. Pup just STEPPED over the expensive dog
retention unit.

It's ok. I think the days of keeping the puppies from upstairs are
over. at least when we are there with them.

Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley age 10 months Landseer Newfoundland
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old November 4th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Nessa wrote in
:

Newfoundlands have LONG LEGS. Pup just STEPPED over the expensive
dog retention unit.

I guess he's over his fear of stairs, huh? And he's trying out his
problem solving skills, too. You may be in for some interesting
times!

--
Shelly
Old November 4th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 23:13:35 +0000 (UTC), Shelly
wrote:

Nessa wrote in
:

Newfoundlands have LONG LEGS. Pup just STEPPED over the expensive
dog retention unit.

I guess he's over his fear of stairs, huh? And he's trying out his
problem solving skills, too. You may be in for some interesting
times!

yeah... .I can see that...

he and Hannah have figured out how to play tug with all the stuffed
animals.

and he's starting to take stuff off of high things (like bar stools)
or a pile of suitcases/boxes that required him to get on his rear
legs...

he's a smart dog... I'm in for quite a ride with this boy!

and I can't wait!
Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Old November 5th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Nessa wrote in
:

he's a smart dog... I'm in for quite a ride with this boy!

I bet he's going to give you a run for your money as he gets more and
more comfortable. I expect it will be equal parts enchanting and
exasperating, watching him blossom.

--
Shelly