Note to self...

Old November 6th 08, 10:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

Default Note to self...

DO NOT leave shoes where the PUPPY can eat them.

and a question

WHY do they always eat your FAVORITE pair????

I forgot how much puppies like shoes...
Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley age 10 months Landseer Newfoundland
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old November 6th 08, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Nessa" wrote in message

WHY do they always eat your FAVORITE pair????

Because they're the ones you wear the most, so chances are they'll be
the ones left out most often.

I forgot how much puppies like shoes...

Never had that problem, but I bet it'd teach me to put my shoes away.

--
Shelly

Old November 6th 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa

On Nov 6, 6:21*am, "Shelly" wrote:
"Nessa" wrote in message

WHY do they always eat your FAVORITE pair????

Because they're the ones you wear the most, so chances are they'll be
the ones left out most often.

HAHAHAHA

not in our house... i have about 8 pairs of mine and my daughters
laying about. I tend to kick them off when i'm sitting at the table
and they collect in a giant pile under the table.

It's totally my fault. Recon will be happening after work tonite.

I am a lousy housekeeper (which is why i am still sleeping on the
couch with the pups, the upstairs is still too messy for bedtime with
Harley)

I forgot how much puppies like shoes...

Never had that problem, but I bet it'd teach me to put my shoes away.

exactly!

my bad!

(posting from work via google sorry)
Old November 6th 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Shelly" wrote:

Never had that problem, but I bet it'd teach me to put my shoes away.

I'm MUCH harder to train than puppies. Leaving shoes alone is probably
right up there with housebreaking as the first thing to learn in this
house. The last time I lost a shoe to a puppy was 1973.

--
Janet Boss
Old November 6th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa

On Nov 6, 8:00*am, Janet Boss

*"Shelly" wrote:

Never had that problem, but I bet it'd teach me to put my shoes away.

I'm MUCH harder to train than puppies. *Leaving shoes alone is probably
right up there with housebreaking as the first thing to learn in this
house. * *The last time I lost a shoe to a puppy was 1973.

--

now you're just showing off!
Old November 6th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article
,
Nessa wrote:

now you're just showing off!

No, Marcie having total house freedom when I'm not home, when she was
just 5 months old, is showing off (we won't mention the pups who DIDN'T).

--
Janet Boss
Old November 6th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Janet Boss" wrote in message

I'm MUCH harder to train than puppies.

I'm not.

I've had really good luck with puppies, but I also work full time, and I
think that some temptations are just too much. I try to teach them to
chew on their own toys, but I also hedge my bets and put away my shoes
when I've got a puppy in the house. Even if that puppy is perfect.

--
Shelly

Old November 6th 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa

On Nov 6, 8:55*am, Janet Boss
wrote:
In article
,

*Nessa wrote:

now you're just showing off!

No, Marcie having total house freedom when I'm not home, when she was
just 5 months old, is showing off (we won't mention the pups who DIDN'T).

--
Janet Bosswww.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

now that IS showing off...

but we will get there.

Hannah had to be pulled from the crate this morning. poor pup thinks
she has to go in with Harley....
Old November 6th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa

On Nov 6, 9:00*am, "Shelly" wrote:
"Janet Boss" wrote in message

I'm MUCH harder to train than puppies.

I'm not.

I've had really good luck with puppies, but I also work full time, and I
think that some temptations are just too much. *I try to teach them to
chew on their own toys, but I also hedge my bets and put away my shoes
when I've got a puppy in the house. *Even if that puppy is perfect.

--
Shellyhttp://www.cat-sidh.net(the Mother Ship)http://esther.cat-sidh.net(Letters to Esther)

I agree Shelly! I just FORGOT about shoes and puppies...

it won't happen again....

Old November 6th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

Shelly wrote:

WHY do they always eat your FAVORITE pair????

Oh come on. Nobody can match Viva's record. She once opened my closet
door and at SIX LEFT SHOES. The shoes included a pair of Nina's, 2
Enzos, and a a hiking boot I hadn't even worn yet. Only the left shoe of
each. About $500 worth of footwear.

I had no clue that my left foot was so attractive...

Note to Harriet Shelly Dog behavior 9 November 5th 08 06:11 PM
Marcel and White Monkey, take note... Marie Dog behavior 50 July 6th 04 04:11 PM
NOTE ABOUT "The Puppy W..." Ron M. Dog behavior 3 June 2nd 04 10:33 PM
NOTE ABOUT "The Puppy W..." Ron M. Dog behavior 0 June 2nd 04 10:21 PM
NOTE ABOUT "The Puppy W..." Ron M. Dog behavior 0 June 2nd 04 10:21 PM