ELIMINATION OF COMMON DISEASES IN DOGS AND CATS THROUGH DIET ALONE

Old November 20th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
chardonnay9

Default ELIMINATION OF COMMON DISEASES IN DOGS AND CATS THROUGH DIET ALONE

The results of this clinical study suggest that 74.7% of common diseases
in dogs and 63% of common diseases in cats can be eliminated without
medical intervention over a period of one year with proper diet
modifications.
505 dogs and 83 cats, all with a history of assorted chronic skin
diseases, averaging 33 months; 96% having been to Veterinarians, were
treated by diet alone for their symptoms by the Pet Health and Nutrition
Center in Corning, New York. The diet consisted of natural raw and
cooked whole foods and PHD pet food. Feeding protocols varied depending
on the animal's response to the newly introduced diet. 28% of dogs and
22% of cats developed transient digestive disturbances (healing
episodes) which were treated by diet and fasting alone. Only animals
free of medication during the study are included. All subjects remained
in home situations without matching control groups. Results reported
were based on client testimonials.
Dermatoses and Suspected Food Allergies:
505 dogs (comprising 31 breeds) and 83 cats (comprising 5 breeds) all
displaying classic symptoms of chronic skin disease, were placed on a
diet of fresh raw meats and Perfect Health Diet (PHD) in a 1:2 & 1:3
ratio for 12 months. Initial problems included but were not limited to
pruritis, alopecia, scaling, seborrhea, hyperkeratosis, with and without
chronic biting and licking.
Of the 505 dogs with mild to severe pruritis, and dermatoses 88.%
displayed a cessation of 80% or more of the symptoms within 3 months.
The figure rose to 91.% by the 6th month, and 94.% by the twelfth month.
(note: these test subjects had been off all corticosteroids for at least
1 month prior to testing).
Of the 83 cats treated 78% showed a 70%-80% healing response within 6
months; 80.% within 9 months, and 84.% within 12 months.
Gastrointestinal disorders observed and overcome with diet alone:
Of the 505 dogs and 83 cats exhibiting chronic skin problems; 114 dogs
and 19 cats also displayed symptoms of gastrointestinal disturbance
(parasites excluded), including; vomiting, irregular stool patterns,
weight loss and general weakness. Dietary therapeutic management was
instituted taking into account all these consideration. The general
protocol was as follows.
Treatment was generally begun with a 24-48 hour fast. The animal
subjects were then often given a vegetable base broth, followed by raw
chopped meat. Other whole food substances like cottage cheese and cooked
oatmeal were added gradually as long as diarrhea did not develop or get
worse. This raw meat, oatmeal diet was continued for as little as 2 days
or for as long as 5 weeks depending on the severity and history of the
problem. PHD was introduced gradually several days to two weeks after
introduction of the raw meat, until a 1/3rd whole food to 2/3rds PHD
diet was reached. Subsequently the animal was maintained on these
proportions for the duration of the test. Cats were not always given
oatmeal but rather a variety of raw meats, blanched, often pureed raw
vegetables, and other whole foods. As with the dogs the PHD was then
introduced gradually to the same proportions.
In virtually all cases the digestive tract returned to normal within one
to three weeks unless the pancreas, or large intestine were found to
have been compromised (history of pancreatitis and/or parasites). In
only 3% of the cases with cats and 2% of the cases with dogs was there a
need for further medical intervention.
Behavioral Improvements seen on the Natural Raw Meat / PHD Diet:
Documentation of behavioral changes was the most difficult to chronicle
and was based solely on overall improvement or the lack thereof, as
observed by the owners. In the 505 dogs and 83cats, a total of 72% said
that they could definitely see some positive change based on
pre-existing behavioral patterns, including more settledness, greater
responsiveness and less voracious eating habits. In many instances the
higher nutritional intake restored more youthful traits and playful
characteristics in the geriatric animals.
Healing episodes and Conclusions:
The higher quality nutrition, freshness of diet and formulation
(predominantly meat in a natural and dry food form) of the "Natural Raw
Meat Diet and/or PHD enables the animal's immune system to throw off
lingering chronic disease. The inability to remove disease completely;
whether in a sub-clinical or chronic form is due predominantly to the
feeding of marginally adequate grain based commercial pet foods. The
resultant long term sub-clinical multiple nutritional deficiencies makes
the appearance of healing episodes impossible, thus enabling a fertile
ground for the establishment and growth of chronic disease.
In a retrospective survey of data from people who are and have been
feeding a combination of the foods mentioned, 46% of the animals
exhibited a healing episode on the road to greater wellness.
A healing episode is a transient, mild appearance of symptoms mimicking
disease without the loss of vitality, mental or physical clarity or
strength; with the cessation of symptoms without medical intervention.
These symptoms regress on their own and result in the emergence of
greater wellness. The symptoms are an indication that the body has
summoned enough vitality to expel accumulated toxins through the kidney,
colon, lungs or skin.
Healing episodes appeared in both dogs and cats as one or more sets of
symptoms in predominantly one of the following body systems:
Gastrointestinal, Skin or Behavioral.
Gastrointestinal-a transient return of periods of intermittent or
continuous diarrhea 8% , soft stools 34%, with or without excessive gas.
Skin- a return of a transient period of scaling, dry or oily, with mild
or moderate shedding 12%; (more than one episode 9% ), with or without
varying degrees of pruritis, indicative of deeper (allergic) disease.
Behavioral- a transient return of hyperactivity , general unsettledness,
mild aggressiveness, with a mild or moderate lack of owner
responsiveness and clarity of learned behavior 2%.
During this time period, a surprisingly consistent picture of one or
more of the symptoms sets have appeared as a response to the increased
quality of nutrition. The initial challenge and subsequent delight was
in watching these episodes subside and terminate on their own with
little or no traditional or alternative medical intervention.
These healing episodes ended with an emergence of higher quality life
functions. This occurred not only in the three areas mentioned, but was
expressed as overall enhanced vitality not seen previously by the
owners. The initial guarded waiting during the healing episode; without
medical intervention of any kind was well worth it, and in our eyes an
unmistakable indication of the power of the health remaining within our
companion animal population, if just given the right ingredients and an
opportunity to express itself naturally.
Raw meats and vegetables with occasional cooked grain (mostly oatmeal)
served as the predominant diet during transition periods i.e. from
coming off of a fast or directly after or during healing episodes. Slow
introduction of PHD by gradual percent increase in the diet resulted in
minimizing the duration and strength of the healing episodes.
PHD diets were chosen as they are designed to mimic the natural diets of
dogs and cats. The manner in which they are manufactured and distributed
enables them to deliver as much freshness as a commercial diet can
provide. As a totally natural raw meat diet is impractical in most
households, PHD with its very high meat meal content and delivered
freshness without chemicals seemed to be the best supplement to a
natural diet at this time.
Monitoring of animals after the one year period of survey (anywhere from
0 to 12 months) has shown no return of original symptoms as long as the
natural diet is maintained.
The results of this clinical trial suggest that 74.7% of common diseases
in dogs and 63% of common diseases in cats can be eliminated without
medical intervention over a period of one year with proper diet
modifications and an understanding of the healing process as exhibited
through healing episodes. The results are profound in light of the
simplicity of the "treatment". This study demonstrates through a simple
change in diet, the profound benefits waiting for our pets in a health
oriented approach. The simplicity of treatment makes the results easily
reproducible. Approaching disease from the perspective of health is the
most powerful means of eliminating disease.
These statistics have been provided to show the powerful healing effects
of diets that reflect the natural feeding habits of dogs and cats. The
removal of disease by providing a better diet for pets who are presently
consigned to a less than optimum diet is clear and reliable. The
improved quality of health as reported to us through the owner
participants is heartening and inspiring. It has been our desire to
quantify these clinical observations and share this information with
others. It is also our desire to more accurately portray the occasional
healing episodes that reflect a strengthening of the immune system and
overall vitality of our pets.

http://www.healthyvet.com/documents/...n_Diseases.pdf
Old November 20th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
chardonnay9

"My angel Sweetie at one time had
lost the hair around her eyes too, and around her neck and
shoulders, and her skin got all leathery looking. She was a black
and white kitty, and most of her skin was pink, even though her fur
was black, and the areas where she lost her hair got black too. I
tried all kinds of topical stuff, including CS, but nothing really
helped. I changed her to a raw diet and it went away. It took quite
a while, almost two months, but eventually it stopped.

I'm not sure exactly what was causing hers, but I figured it had to
be something in the food I was feeding her. She used to get canned
Petguard and dry Wellness. I never did go back to any dry food after
that and never fed her the Petguard again. This was several years
ago, around 1996, so maybe now the Petguard food is better
formulated. But back then, for Sweetie, I think it's what caused her
problems with losing her hair and her skin changing color."
Old November 20th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

chardonnay9 wrote in
m:

I think it's what caused her problems with losing her hair and her
skin changing color."

She *thinks*. But, she'll never actually know what caused her cat's
skin condition, as she didn't consult with a vet. It's possible that
the food was poorly formulated, but that doesn't mean that all
kibbles are bad. It's also possible that the condition cleared up on
its own and the timing with the food change was coincidental.

Like I said, we can trade anecdotes all day, but it doesn't mean
anything.

--
Shelly
Old November 20th 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
chardonnay9 wrote:

Healing episodes appeared in both dogs and cats as one or more sets of
symptoms in predominantly one of the following body systems:
Gastrointestinal, Skin or Behavioral.

I thought it was curing cancer? My dogs don't have skin,
gastrointestinal or behavioral problems. They eat kibble (2 of them )
and canned food (1). What am I supposed to fix by feeding raw? Oh yeah
- my cat doesn't have any of these issues either and eats primarily
canned, some dry, wouldn't touch raw.

--
Janet Boss
Old November 21st 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
chardonnay9

Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Resea rch_Laboratory wrote:
HOWEDY Chardonnay9

THANK YOU for ALL the information regarding heelth and
nutrition veterinary malpractices and the GARBAGE commercial
dog foods and DEATHLY TOXINS they SELL for profit.

Be forewarned HOWEver, that you'll NEVER CONvince these
pathetic miserable stinkin rotten lyin animal murderin MENTAL
CASES of ANY of the FACTS; THAT'S HOWE COME I've
taken to simply QUOTING their own POSTED CASE HISTORIES
of LIES, ABUSE, INSANITY, and DEATHS they've brought
to their own DEAD an DEATHLY ILL critters.

And I've been reading them too! I'm not trying to convince anyone that
is replying though. There are many who lurk and that is who the message
is for. I want the entire planet to know there is a better way to treat
your dogs.

I'm doing the same thing myself, trying to eliminate processed foods and
eating better.

I'm postin my reply to janet DIRECTLY to *YOU* so's you'll
SEE FOR YOURSELF the kind of LIES and INSANITY they've
succumbed to; THIS IS GREATLY TRUNCATED on accHOWENTA
*YOU* ARE intelligent enough to do the RESEARCH yourself:

Thanks sweetie!
Old November 21st 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Nov 20, 7:01*pm, chardonnay9 wrote:
[...]

Anyone who is a supporter of Jerry Howe, is a friend...oh, wait...no,
sorry...they are assholes and imbeciles and morons too.

Good luck sweetie!