Bleu cheese names for puppy

Old November 25th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Default Bleu cheese names for puppy

I like these choices:

* Aura
* Cambozola (Cam, Camb, Zol)
* Clemson Blue (Clemson, Clem)
* Jubilee Blue (Juby, Jub, Lee)
* Roquefort (Roquey, Roque - maybe pronounced Rock(y))
* Saga cheese (Saga)
* Stilton

--
Janet Boss
Old November 25th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Janet Boss wrote:
I like these choices:

* Aura
* Cambozola (Cam, Camb, Zol)
* Clemson Blue (Clemson, Clem)
* Jubilee Blue (Juby, Jub, Lee)
* Roquefort (Roquey, Roque - maybe pronounced Rock(y))
* Saga cheese (Saga)
* Stilton

Geez, Janet, did you HAVE to do this?!?!?! I ADORE blue cheese, and
now you've got me hungry. Hmmm, maybe I should make some of my favorite
Gorgonzola sauce tonight. (NOT that I would recommend "Gorgonzola" as
a name!)

Dianne
Old November 26th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Rocky wrote:

Chunked gorgonzola
Peeled and chopped fresh tomato
Chiffonade lots of fresh basil
Diced red onion
Smushed garlic
Olive oil
S & P

All quantities to taste, no cooking required. Throw it all
together, let it sit a couple of hours (the tomato softens up
the gorgonzola), toss with really hot pasta.

obDogs: not a dog-friendly recipe what with the onion and the
expense of gorgonzola.

sounds wonderful. You wouldn't know I had linguine bolognese for lunch!

--
Janet Boss
Old November 26th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Rocky wrote:
((null)) said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Hmmm, maybe I should make some of my favorite
Gorgonzola sauce tonight.

Chunked gorgonzola
Peeled and chopped fresh tomato
Chiffonade lots of fresh basil
Diced red onion
Smushed garlic
Olive oil
S & P

All quantities to taste, no cooking required. Throw it all
together, let it sit a couple of hours (the tomato softens up
the gorgonzola), toss with really hot pasta.

Oh, yum yum yum! I will have to try that. (The "no cooking required"
part is just a bonus :-).)

Here's mine. Be forwarned: it's a heart attack on a plate:

Gorgonzola (ONLY use gorgonzola with lots of blue in it, hard to
find at times. Trader Joe's - if you happen to have one around
- tends to be a good source.)
Cream
Butter
Parmesan

Put the gorgonzola in the bottom of a flat-bottomed pan and
smush it up with the cream until it's the consistency of a
thick milkshake. Add some butter. Warm gradually over low heat
until it's thoroughly blended together.

THIS IS THE TRICKY PART. Add HOT cooked pasta. (I usually use
spirals.) It's imperative that the sauce and the pasta be close
to the same temperature or the gorgonzola will get all stringy
and gross and you'll have to throw the whole mess out (not that
that's ever happened to me :-(.)

Toss the pasta and sauce together with some parmesan and serve
immediately.

Oh damn, but I'm hungry now. *sigh*

Dianne
Old November 26th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Rocky wrote:
((null)) said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Here's mine. Be forwarned: it's a heart attack on a plate:

I can't do that much dairy in one meal (ergo mine, which I
actually make with Cambozola - tomato melts it really well).
Yours sounds good, but mega dairy and I are not the best of
friends.

Bummer :-(.

I adore cambozola too, and will definitely try your recipe.
Thanks again!

Dianne
Old November 26th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
William Clodius

Janet Boss wrote:

I like these choices:

* Aura
* Cambozola (Cam, Camb, Zol)
* Clemson Blue (Clemson, Clem)
* Jubilee Blue (Juby, Jub, Lee)
* Roquefort (Roquey, Roque - maybe pronounced Rock(y))
* Saga cheese (Saga)
* Stilton

Lots of choices
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_cheese

I like Point Reyes and Saint Agur Blue.
Old November 26th 08, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Rocky" wrote in message

All quantities to taste, no cooking required. Throw it all
together, let it sit a couple of hours (the tomato softens up
the gorgonzola), toss with really hot pasta.

I may be the world's pickiest eater, but that sounds good even to me.
Yum!

I never liked bleu cheese (not much of a cheese lover, period). But
then I tasted a dill, new potato, gorgonzola, and broccoli with garlic
white sauce pizza and fell in love.

--
Shelly

Behold! The power of cheese M Healey Dog behavior 2 September 8th 08 09:59 PM
dog names karsan Dog behavior 3 July 10th 06 06:55 AM
dog names karsan Dog behavior 0 July 10th 06 02:20 AM
OT. What kind of cheese are you? Rocky Dog behavior 60 May 22nd 05 10:25 PM
Lot's of cheese. Jim Tiberio Dog health 6 March 1st 04 03:57 PM