The Daily Poop

Old November 26th 08, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

Default The Daily Poop

Life is bad when you keep a daily journal of dog food, intake and
outflow...

BUT I think we are finally making progress

yesterday I took the dogs off of all kibble.... today was the second
meal made from scratch for them. (the dogs get chicken and rice,
hubby gets soup and a sandwich, at least he knows his place in my
pack)

I've started them as of last night on

a. rescue remedy (the straight drops)
b. wholistic digest-all plus (powder for their food enzymes AND
probotics)

plain fat free yogurt 2 tablespoons
pure pack pumpkin 1/4 cup
boiled white rice 2/3 cup
boiled chicken 1/2 cup chopped

for about a week (with rescue remedy and the digest it all sprinkle
(1/4 teaspoon or less to start)

their diarrhea panels should be back today...

clearly Hannah is not feeling 100% today. she left food in her bowl
and she has a lot of bowel sounds and a lot of noisy gas...

HARLEY just went potty and HAD A NORMAL POOP!!!!!!!!!!

oh the things that make me happy!!!
Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley small shaggy cow that I love and adore (landseer Newf rescued 10/08)
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old November 26th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

Default The Daily Poop [JH]

Nessa had the audacity to criticize me for my handling of Muttley, and also
made disparaging remarks about my character, based on my posting history
which started in May of 2006, when I was admittedly clueless about dogs,
and having real problems with a difficult situation. Thanks, Jerry, for
digging up some of her own history which goes back much further. She's
still having problems with her dogs. Me and Muttley, not so much. He's been
very reliable and stable for more than two years now. It took us about 5
months to work things out.

You can read in the following about her problems which went on for almost a
year, and probably continue to this very day.

Paul and Muttley

JH wrote in message ...

Subject: I went away for the weekend... big mistake

1 From: Nessa -
Date: Sun, Jul 21 2002 9:58 pm
Email: Nessa

I went away for the weekend and I think my
dog walker will never speak to me again.

Bagel escaped from the kitchen and ate about 10
pounds of puppy food and proceeded to deposit it
all over my house.

He esp. liked my living room sofa which was my
mothers as he pulled some cushions off of it and
literally stood on it and peed.

Yes I know my dog has issues and I know I need help.

I think my poor dog walker needs therapy now.

It was a rough dog weekend for her and not
just with my kids.

I didn't know until the last minute I was going
away and NEXT time, the furbabies will go to
furbaby camp for the weekend.

It was too much for them.

Well live and learn.

Meanwhile, I'm still glad I went on retreat.

My house will survive as things are not important.

Hannah still loves me and Bagel will talk
to me in a few days.....

Nessa

Subject: Puppy license expires
1 From: Nessa
Date: Fri, Jul 26 2002 5:57 am
Email: Nessa

Yep, she is pretty much housebroken so I let her
out of the crate at night to sleep with me. But last
night, while I was asleep she ATE MY GLASSES.

It's my fault, I left them on the night table (where I
always leave them) so I could see when I got up.

I needed a new pair but I wanted to be able to get
them without having to miss work. Now, poof here
I am glassesless. thank goodness we have 1 hour
glass makers pretty close by.

Well she's crated now until this chewing phase is over.

Hannah will be 5 months old next week. Any advice
on how to deal with this other than the standard, no bite,
here chew this, crating, etc.

Nessa

2 From: J1Boss
Date: Wed, Sep 18 2002 7:48 am
Email: (J1Boss)

Nessa wrote:
Problem is it that when I am trying to sleep esp.
between 1 and 5. I CAN'T just let them bark it
out (because if I could it's no biggie
and I can sleep through it).

What the (*&(*)(* are they doing awake between 1 and 5?

I can live with the banging (as Bagel slams Hannah
into the wall or Hannah throws one of her bones down
the uncarpeted steps and they waterfall down the steps
(there is no other way to describe dogs running down
wooden steps)

Baby gate. Door.

Do NOT let them wander the house getting
more charged up.

I'm too sleep deprived to do anything much.
HELP!!

Nessa - I would seriously consider why these dogs
are up at 1-5 and even thinking they CAN be! They
need to be confined to your room, told firmly to knock
it off, and have that backed up with some sort of
correction if they don't.

If all else fails, tether then away from each other, but
honestly, if they aren't responsive to you telling them
to cut it out, we're back to the "bigger issues" problem.

Janet Boss

JH said: Maybe she can't scream at her dogs at night?

nessa CONtinues:
A few weeks ago it started at 5:30 am and it has become
increasingly earlier until this morning he started at 4:00.
Ignoring him has proven to be futile, as has calming him
down and rewarding him with a treat and, as a last resort,
spraying him with water from a plant sprayer.

This morning I even put him in his crate and took him into
the bathroom with me as I prepared for work (normally he
stays in a x-pen in the kitchen) but he only calmed down
for a few minutes before the whining began again.

A 1 year old should be hanging out with you. Overnight,
around the house, and heck, even neat the bathroom while
you get ready for work..
--
Janet Boss

From: Nessa )
Subject: Sad News.. I need someone to take my dogs
Date: 2003-08-26 09:55:03 PST

well I'm not BLAMING my job it's ONE of MANY
things that I'm considering.

As for returning them to their respective shelters,
I don't want to split them up and I'm not going to
give them to just anyone. Possibly because I am
doing everything I can to keep them and drag this
mess out as long as possible in hopes that it will
work out.

Old November 26th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

Default setting the record straight The Daily Poop [JH]--what's the code word for i'm playing with a jerk???

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:08:15 -0500, "Paul E. Schoen"
wrote:

She's still having problems with her dogs.

Well I'm not having problems with Bagel. He's at the bridge and has
been since September.

and I stopped having problems with Hannah a long long time ago.

the current "problems" I'm having with Harley are NOT behavioral based
on anything I'm doing wrong but rather on a history of being a puppy
mill rescued pup who had not been separated from a litter mate till
nearly a year old.

Harley is house broken
Harley does not run away from me
Harley is a bit skittish around strangers but warming up nicely to
others
Harley is having some intestinal "disfortitude" that we are working
on.

You can read in the following about her problems which went on for almost a
year, and probably continue to this very day.

you can read it but it's not accurate.
and none of them continue. NONE.

for one Bagel had to be put to sleep in September. But when that
happened he was a lovely housebroken dog that did not eat things he
should not nor did is misbehave. I could have people in my home at
any time. He was quite the character. His grumpiness was probably
caused due to pain not a default in his character or my training.

Hannah is a delight. Sadly about two years into having Hannah she
developed epilepsy which I'm sure you understand is not related to
anything I've done but could be related to the abuse she endured in
the first 6 weeks of her life. she is currently on 75 mg of
Phenobarbital twice a day and is under control with her medical
condition.

both dogs have basic manners (thank you very much Janet) and are both
enduringly dog friendly... while I did not permit other dogs to come
near Bagel in the last few years (he was grumpy) I can let Hannah and
Harley enjoy off leash play with anyone and any dog (and did so this
past Saturday morning)

both Hannah and Harley are sleeping on the floor in my room all night.

no potty problems
no fighting
no waking me to take them out.

JH said: Maybe she can't scream at her dogs at night?

why would I need to?

they are sleeping (on their pillows on the floor)

JH said: nessa's dogs got her EVICTED to boot {}: ~ (

Can't evict me. I own the home. have for nearly 20 years.
since I have Jerry killfiled I have no clue what it was he said about
me being evicted. but I was not evicted.

Paul at least if you are going to ATTEMPT to insult me, get your info
correct.

as for my playing with you here... yep I'll play. and I'll rename.

It will get me killfiled but that's ok.

I have plenty of support in plenty of places.

Usenet is for fun.
Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Old November 26th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nick

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:08:15 -0500, Paul E. Schoen wrote:
snip
Paul and Muttley

You are a tool. No one here cares about what you post, so why don't you
stop?

Nick

Old November 26th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Nick wrote:
You are a tool. No one here cares about what you post, so why don't you
stop?

With so much to be thankful for this year (healthy family,
healthy dogs, warm home, good friends) I would not want to
overlook the small things that quietly do so much to improve
our quality-of-life in things that are so easy to overlook.
Like, for example, the killfile.

(not to mention over 50" of snow at Tug Hill and it's not
even December yet)

Old November 27th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2008-11-26 14:47:32 -0500, Nessa said:

as for my playing with you here... yep I'll play. and I'll rename.

It will get me killfiled but that's ok.

Ninnyboy and Eggplant are the two you may be remembering, and yes,
feeding trolls is killfile worthy.

Old November 27th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

Default Nessa makes more excuses

wrote:

She's still having problems with her dogs.

Well I'm not having problems with Bagel. He's at the bridge and has
been since September.

and I stopped having problems with Hannah a long long time ago.

And it took you about two years. Yet you apparently don't give me credit
for making Muttley a good companion dog in about 5 months, and also having
good results with another difficult rescue dog "Lucky". I did the best I
could and continue to do so. And I've been honest about my experiences in
my postings. I'll give you credit for your efforts only if you stop trying
to demean mine. But you'd rather hang out with the hens that delight in
pecking at those who don't conform to their norms.

the current "problems" I'm having with Harley are NOT behavioral based
on anything I'm doing wrong but rather on a history of being a puppy
mill rescued pup who had not been separated from a litter mate till
nearly a year old.

Harley is house broken
Harley does not run away from me
Harley is a bit skittish around strangers but warming up nicely to
others
Harley is having some intestinal "disfortitude" that we are working
on.

Good luck on that. But I think much of that is stress-induced. I have read
other items in the archives that indicate you have had problems of your own
that may be a factor in your problems with your dogs. I hope you are
getting the help you need, Ladybug.

You can read in the following about her problems which went on for almost
year, and probably continue to this very day.

[snipped quotes from archives about excessive barking, destructive
behavior, and extreme distress that nearly resulted in the dogs being
surrendered to the SPCA.]

you can read it but it's not accurate.

They are your own words as are enshrined in the archives. Maybe the prayers
that others offered actually worked for you and your pups.

[...]

Good for you. Same with Muttley. So why do you chastise me?

JH said: Maybe she can't scream at her dogs at night?

why would I need to?

they are sleeping (on their pillows on the floor)

JH said: nessa's dogs got her EVICTED to boot {}: ~ (

Can't evict me. I own the home. have for nearly 20 years.
since I have Jerry killfiled I have no clue what it was he said about
me being evicted. but I was not evicted.

But you almost gave up your dogs to the SPCA because you could not control
their barking and the neighbors were complaining.

Paul at least if you are going to ATTEMPT to insult me, get your info
correct.

as for my playing with you here... yep I'll play. and I'll rename.

You started this by brown-nosing Melinda, who originally (and predictably)
attacked me. You could have chosen to remain silent or act more hospitably,
but you joined her hen-pecking party like a pea-brained chicken.

It will get me killfiled but that's ok.

I have plenty of support in plenty of places.

As do I.

Usenet is for fun.

And so it is for me

Best Wishes,

Nessa

(I don't believe you don't really mean that..)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Paul and Muttley

Old November 27th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:55:25 -0500, montana wildhack

On 2008-11-26 14:47:32 -0500, Nessa said:

as for my playing with you here... yep I'll play. and I'll rename.

It will get me killfiled but that's ok.

Ninnyboy and Eggplant are the two you may be remembering, and yes,
feeding trolls is killfile worthy.

yep they are but I'm done with him. so no need for the killfile.
Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Old November 27th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:14:30 -0500, "Paul E. Schoen"
wrote:

And I've been honest about my experiences in
my postings.

No, you have not. You haven't been honest in anything you've said on
this newsgroup.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I don't believe you really mean that.

Daily Puppy MauiJNP Dog behavior 1 November 13th 07 08:57 AM
Daily Puppy MauiJNP Dog behavior 0 April 29th 07 08:27 PM
daily pumpkin? Lynne Dog health 2 January 7th 07 03:59 PM
Earn 12% daily of your investment!!! Scott Dog health 0 August 25th 05 05:10 AM