Ping: Diddy

Old November 29th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

Default Ping: Diddy

There was much talk around the Thanksgiving table about our dear little
nephew. His pre-school wants him to see a psychologist because he
doesn't speak at school.

His parents have seen him at school and he asks the teachers questions
and does, in fact, speak.

I wonder if the teachers are the ones who are going to exacerbate any
problems he may have with being at pre-school.

Meanwhile, you just can't shut the kid up at home. He talks a mile a
minute about everything.

It reminded me of your student. Do you know how that child is doing?

Old November 29th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

montana wildhack spoke these words of wisdom
in news:2008112902113950878-montana@wildhackcominvalid:

There was much talk around the Thanksgiving table about our dear little
nephew. His pre-school wants him to see a psychologist because he
doesn't speak at school.

His parents have seen him at school and he asks the teachers questions
and does, in fact, speak.

I wonder if the teachers are the ones who are going to exacerbate any
problems he may have with being at pre-school.

Anyone pushing this kid to talk WILL exasperate the issue. He needs to see
a psychologist. YES. And the school will cooperate fully with the
recommendations of the psychologist, but generally NOT the wishes of the
parents.

As for the selective mutism child, he is now in 1st grade. He is whispering
in school.

Still not Mr Talkative, but definitely communicating.

They almost always grow out of it by third grade. It usually goes faster
with help by psychologists.

Ping: Diddy Janet Boss Dog behavior 9 March 6th 08 02:50 AM
Ping: diddy diddy Dog behavior 1 December 27th 06 06:21 PM
ping: Diddy Sandy in OK Dog behavior 0 December 11th 06 06:58 PM
ping: Diddy Lynne Dog behavior 0 December 9th 06 07:49 PM
Ping diddy Amy Dahl Dog behavior 1 November 8th 06 12:32 AM