Unexpected Visitors

Old December 4th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

Default Unexpected Visitors

Khan was outside chillin' as usual when Pan started to bark. Since she is
more likely to bark for no reason, I just asked her to quiet, which she did,
but was insistent that she go outside. I go to open the door, only to be
greeted by 3 dogs - Khan and two Pits. One was enthusiastically friendly,
the other more timid, so I grabbed the friendly one, noted it was a boy and
dragged him in. I left Khan out with the other dog (female) and they were
busy playing when I called the boydog's owner.

Owner was super relieved and shocked that his dogs had reached where they
had reached. Not a surprise for me actually; the driving distance is A LOT
further than as the crow flies distance. I put boydog on leash, grabbed
another and went out. No girldog. My heart sank, but then I heard tags
clinking, called to her, and she came running from my neighbor's yard when
she saw that I had her buddy. Got both dogs on-leash and went back inside
the house since I had been running around barefoot outside and it was
starting to freeze the toesies. Girldog was a little nervous around Pan,
but no signs of aggression at all. The owner pulled up a few minutes later,
the dogs jumped right into the truck, and off they went.

Based on the owner's reaction, I'm fairly certain he was shocked that I was
willing to get anywhere near this much maligned breed of dog. I have a
feeling that if I ever need my bathrooms redone, I could get a pretty good
deal out of him.

Suja

Old December 4th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 19:25:29 -0500, "Suja" wrote:

[...]

amazing how we can go outside without shoes when the need arises.

so glad you were not afraid... I love a well socialized bully
breed...
Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley small shaggy cow that I love and adore (landseer Newf rescued 10/08)
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old December 4th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

amazing how we can go outside without shoes when the need arises.

I leave a pair of pacboots by the back door, jump into them unlaced
and just wear them as sort of felt lined waterproof outdoor slippers
for quick errands...for time consuming tasks like snowblowing I'll
lace them up, but everything else they usually work as is. Easy to
kick off once you get inside and not track mud, sand and salt through
the house, too. For summer, I have a pair of crocs that serve the
same purpose.
--Glenn Lyford