TEACHING MOVE

Old December 4th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa

Default TEACHING MOVE

My dogs know the command "MOVE". it's a handy command to have when
you have dogs weighing in excess of some small people you know
especially because they like to lay in doorways to WATCH you....

I had to TEACH Harley "move".... didn't give much thought to it.
never really thought about the fact that i was TEACHING him to
MOVE.... but I no longer have to "show him" how to move now I say
MOVE and he moves.

He ALMOST has it... (i'd say 95% of the time)

I've actually only worked on Commands right now that he really
needs... (sit, stay, come, down, move, go crate, WAIT) oh and from
watching hannah he learned "give kisses" and "do the paw thing"

hopefully he will be 100% healthy in a few weeks and we can go back to
working on his leash skills....

he's an obedience school drop out (due to his illness) but he will go
back in the spring....

(very bored Nessa posting from work... sadly using Google)
Old December 4th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article
,
Nessa wrote:

he's an obedience school drop out (due to his illness) but he will go
back in the spring....

he is NOT a dropout. He's on medical leave!

--
Janet Boss
Old December 4th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa

On Dec 4, 1:28*pm, Janet Boss
wrote:
In article
,

*Nessa wrote:

he's an obedience school drop out (due to his illness) but he will go
back in the spring....

he is NOT a dropout. *He's on medical leave!

--
Janet Bosswww.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

ah Sabbatical!

except for walking on the RIGHT side of me (he just HATES the left for
some reason)
he's doing well on the leash too... just will NOT walk on the left....