How cold is too cold for a dog?

Old December 14th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,alt.pets.dogs.labrador,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.dogs.pitbull
Third_Leg_Of_Satan_666

Default How cold is too cold for a dog?

HOWEDY paul e. schoen you pathetic miserable stinkin
rotten lyin animal murderin punk thug coward active acute
chronic life-long incurable malignant maliciHOWES MENTAL
CASE,

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in message

"Phyrie" wrote in message

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in message

He looks like he has a pretty good coat to keep him warm.

My favorite dog (don't tell Muttley) was my family's medium size Spaniel
mutt named Blackie, whose picture is on my website (with me in a homemade
robot suit) from about 1960.
http://www.smart.net/~pstech/photos/robot60.jpg

Don't even think of settin in Satans' lap wearin THAT, paulie {}: ~ (

small snip

Unfortunately, we had given him a bath and then left him in
the yard (without his collar) while we went to watch fireworks
on July 4. When we got back, we found some exploded firecrackers in the
yard, and he apparently had jumped the fence and ran away.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE~!~!~!

We searched everywhere, even in the old neighborhood and the
SPCA, to no avail. It was a bit dicey, calling "Blackie" in some
neighborhoods, even in 1963, but we hoped we might find him. I never had
another dog that was really "my own" until I got
Muttley. He's a good buddy, but not quite as soft and adorable.

Yeah. LUCKY think he's *SO* CHOKEABLE~!

Kiba seems to be a really nice dog.

kiba is fearful and hyperactive like your own DEAD
2nd "RESCUE" dog, Lucky {}: ~ (

Best wishes to you over the holidays.

Yeah. Let's PREY you don't meet up with IT in the woods:

From: "Paul E. Schoen"
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 15:01:40 -0400

Subject: i hate off-leash dogs.

I do miss the days of my childhood when we thought nothing
of walking our medium sized, very sweet and friendly dog
without a leash, although sometimes we did when we were
near a busy road. Yet I have a very vivid and terrible memory
of the time when my dog was viciously attacked by a larger
dog in the woods near our house.

The girl who owned the dog was beating it with a stick, and
I stabbed it in the neck. Both dogs survived, but after that, I
always carried a stout stick with me when walking our dog.

This was back in the 60s, when leash laws were very lax or
non-existent, and before everybody was lawsuit crazy, and
when the few drug dealers and thugs in the few bad areas of
town were deathly afraid of all big dogs.

Paul, Muttley and Lucky

---------------------

Of curse, things COULD go the OTHER way...

HOWE would *you* FEEL abHOWET meetin a
other DOG LOVER like yourself, in the woods, paulie?

LIKE THIS MENTAL CASE?:

Subject: Muttley: Now a question of Life or Death
90 From: Sionnach
Date: Mon, Oct 9 2006 1:19 am
Email: "Sionnach"

*I* was thanking the Deity that the NCR trail
was not my choice of hiking area today!!!!

Sorry, Paul, but the gloves are now off, because if I HAD
chosen the NCR trail today - rather than another local trail-
you would have been putting ***MY*** beloved dogs at
risk of serious injury or death. ***MY*** DOGS.

What the ****ING HELL is **WRONG** with you???

Your dog, which you have repeatedly admitted you can't
control, just made a near-lethal unprovoked attack on
another dog in obedience class, and you TOOK HIM
OUT ON THE TRAILS WHERE THERE ARE OTHER
DOGS?????

You do that again, when my dogs are around, and he attacks
one of them, you won't have to worry about having him put
down - I will either break his spine or choke him to death
right then and there.

I'm dead ****ing serious, Mr. Schoen.

----------------------

SEE?

LUCKY thing there's always a other remedy:

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote

It is a shame that Muttley will probably be put
down (his appointment is next Wednesday),

-----------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

paulie wrote:
Your non-violent methods for dogs ring hollow
when you use verbal violence against other dog
owners, thus triggering their own opposition
reflexes. I will try other non-violent methods
that communicate what is expected of the dog.

And I don't believe that proper use of a prong
collar or choker chain are evil and physically
hurtful.

[snip verbal abuse]

So you think it is effective to withold praise,
but offer it as a bribe to get people to follow
your methods? Or promise you will stop beating
them if they obey your commands? Yet never do
it for a dog?

Paul and Muttley (almost fully recovered from
Arbitrary Praise Neurosis)

---------------------

"so now he accuses me of yanking and choking my
dog on a prong collar to force him into obedience,"

SEE?

Muttley made short work of your own DEAD KAT Photon:

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote

snip

If I did not have to worry about my cat, I would
probably keep him, and I am certain I could avoid
any more dangerous episodes. I probably would
not have taken him to obedience classes at this time
if that was not such a difficult issue, and if people
here had not essentially shamed me into doing so.

Then he would only be a bratty dog with a mind of
his own, but he would not have been identified as
dangerous.

--------------------------

BWEEEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA~!~!~!

IS THIS your DEAD KAT Photon?:

http://tinyurl.com/2qr9ry

Did paulie's DEAD KAT run HOWET on
paulie an his RESCUE dog Muttley??

Hey! I think I FHOWEND him on the side of the
road JUST LIKE in the picture, but withHOWET
the sign.

Is he black an red?

If you don't want him back maybe I can keep him?

I think he's still good. He's up the road a piece from
here an there's a little on the other side of the road
there an some in the middle not far from me here.

You want him back to make sure he gets a good HOWES?

He still looks pretty good. A tad lonely maybe. Just like
in the pic, EXXXCEPT MOORE of him in MOORE pics.

Same profile, HOWEver.

BWEEEAAAAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote

Hello everyone:

If you have followed some of my posts, you know
something about the ongoing story of Muttley, the
large GSD/Chow dog I have been trying to adopt
or place in a better home.

I will add a bit more history later in this post.

Last Tuesday, toward the end of Janet's obedience
class, Muttley and I had just finished fairly successfully
performing a sit/stay/come routine, and then he was
sitting by my side.

The final routine was to be a "down", which Muttley
has had some difficulty with, and frankly I have not
had the time to work with him much on that.

I was kneeling at his side, trying to hold his collar
while pushing his front legs down to the position,
while he resisted. Suddenly he lunged, knocking
me over onto the parking lot, and I lost grip of the
leash as I reflexively broke my fall.

Muttley took the opportunity to attack a young black
male Lab to my left, and it was a very brutal attack.
Janet and the instructors tried to gain control, and as
soon as I could get to my feet I grabbed the leash and
pulled him off.

That was the end of the class, and the other dog,
Bernie, was taken to an animal hospital for treatment.

When everyone had left, Janet counseled me about
what should be done about Muttley.

She said this was more than ordinary aggression,
and only intensive (and expensive) one on one
training would have any chance at working, and
in any case, he was not suited to group training.

She advised me that Muttley could be dangerous,
and she recommended that he be euthanized.

"They can't all be saved".

snip

--------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

HERE'S HOWE COME:

Here's janet's REAL LIFE IN PERSON "student" paul:

#2 - 6/05/07

When I was training him under Janet's supervision I
was instructed to give it a ? firm yank as a correction.

I advised you to use a prong collar, not give firm yanks
on a chain choke collar. I hate the things.

She was able to get his attention with just a quick tug, but I
had to yank on it hard enough to lift him off his feet to get him
to respond.

Looking back now, I think it was based on his fear, which he
had for her (as an unknown), but not for me (whom he had
learned to trust).

He wasn't afraid of me. He knew I was a confident trainer.
Fear has no place in dog training, as I told you THEN.
Janet.

It seems to me that applying stern corrections, by
popping a choker chain, prong collar, or whatever,
is a way to ensure compliance by instilling a fear
of further punishment.

Sure, if it is administered very consistently
by a confident trainer, the dog soon learns
to obey. There was no positive reinforcement,
so what remains is negative.

Also, I recall the time you were going to show me
how I could get Muttley to take his rawhide treat
from me without lunging for it. When you offered
it to him, he refused to take it. This IMHO is likely
a fear behavior.

Things have changed a lot since then, and I have
learned a lot, and Muttley has settled down quite
a bit. I probably still give him too much freedom
to think on his own, but that's just my way of
doing things, and that's probably not going to
change much. He may never win an obedience
medal, but I don't think he is dangerously out
of control, either.

Paul and Muttley

----------------------------

"Loop the lead (it's basically a GIANT nylon or leather
choke collar) over his snarly little head, and give him a
stern correction" --Janet Boss

Here's paulie's CUSTOME MADE pronged spiked pinch choke collar:

http://tinyurl.com/5m6ppt

"J1Boss" wrote in message

He was next to me and I could see his neck
muscles pulsing. He didn't even blink an eye.
Janet Boss

"sionnach" wrote in message

"J1Boss" wrote in message
I can't imagine needing anything higher
than a 5 with it, even with an insensitive
dog like a Lab.

An INSENSITIVE DOG???

I can't remember what model of Innotek I have, but
I had a pointer ignore a neck-muscle-pulsing 9.

Do you think the citronella collar is CRUEL
cause the SMELL LINGERS after the dog's
been sprayed in the face and the dog won't
know HOWE COME IT was MACED?

janet CONtinues:
My dogs are not human children wearing fur- they are DOGS.
I don't have anything against electronic bark collars, but they
should be used in conjunction with actually working at training
your dog(s).

They're DUMB ANIMALS these MENTALLY ILL LYING
DOG ABUSERS HURT INTIMIDATE and MURDER.

SEE?