If the cold did nothing else...

Old December 15th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie

Default If the cold did nothing else...

it made my cat come inside! The poor thing has been an almost total outside
cat since Kiba came home. We tried everything to help them be friends.
Kiba is more than willing, but Spyder hates, hates, HATES him!! He used to
just want to play, (lots of play bowing and wriggling invitations) but he
wants to chase her now that he's older. She, of course, obliges by running,
most of the time. Sometimes she'll turn and give him a piece of her mind
and then run, but she tries to avoid him altogether.

She's always been an inside/outside cat. She still visits with all the
neighbours, and hasn't lost a single ounce, so I know the neighbours are
still feeding her, even though we've begged them not to. One of the
neighbour's even asked Paul once if she was OK as she hadn't been over to
visit in a couple of days! I'm pretty sure the guy that used to live behind
us thought she was his cat for awhile, until I set him straight. She was
becoming huge with all the mooching!

But then Kiba came home, and she decided she'd rather stay outside than come
in where the monster lived. So we set her up with a nice nest on the porch,
and she seems content. We even feed her outside, since Kiba loves her food,
too. Greedy little bugger.

She came in night before last, when the real cold hit, and stayed. She even
slept in my bed! She's never done that before, not in eight years! Kiba
was safely in his crate of course, and he didn't seem to mind sharing the
bedroom with her at all. In the last two days, she's spent quite a bit of
time indoors, and although we keep a very close watch on Kiba to make sure
he doesn't scare her or chase her, we are hopeful that this made lead to at
least an uneasy peace between them.

She's sleeping at my feet right now, while Kiba snoozes in the bathroom
hamper. Life in the snow is good. Who knew?
--
Phyrie
Kiba the Cav's Pics:

I'm cold diddy[_2_] Dog behavior 4 August 9th 07 12:25 AM
How cold is too cold for a Schipperke? swangdb Dog breeds 8 December 13th 06 07:01 PM
How cold is too cold? Kdf Dog health 52 November 21st 06 12:36 AM
Cold-weather trialing and cold dogs Robin Nuttall Dog activities 2 November 25th 04 12:26 AM
A cold? White Monkey Dog health 0 August 29th 04 12:31 PM