Itchy tummy

Old December 15th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
~shady_angel~

Default Itchy tummy

My dog gets this nearly every summer, is it allergies and what can I give
him thats safe to help ease the itch?

Thanks
~shady~

Old December 16th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"~shady_angel~" wrote in
:

My dog gets this nearly every summer, is it allergies and what can
I give him thats safe to help ease the itch?

What does your vet say?

--
Shelly
Old December 16th 08, 10:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
~shady_angel~

Vets are very expensive and I only take him when really neccasary.

"Shelly" wrote in message
09...
"~shady_angel~" wrote in
:

Old December 16th 08, 10:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa[_2_]

did you CALL the vet and ASK?

sometimes (especially if you have a good relationship with them) vets
will consult over the phone...

personally if my dog is sick it's just like my kid is sick and they go
to the vet. and yes it CAN be very expensive.

I have one pup who gets meds every day... no insurance. I pay it.
she needs it.

my dog had a tummy rash all the time... she was on cheap food and that
lowered her allergy levels enough that grass bothered her even in
small amounts.

improved her food and the rash is gone.

when she got it I would put a cream the vet gave me on it and also
give her benedryl.

I hope you can afford the vet. that is truly part of dog ownership.

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:21:56 +1300, "~shady_angel~"
wrote:

Vets are very expensive and I only take him when really neccasary.

"Shelly" wrote in message
. 209...
"~shady_angel~" wrote in
:

My dog gets this nearly every summer, is it allergies and what can
I give him thats safe to help ease the itch?

What does your vet say?

--
Shelly

Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley small shaggy cow that I love and adore (landseer Newf rescued 10/08)
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old December 16th 08, 11:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"~shady_angel~" wrote in message
Vets are very expensive and I only take him when really neccasary.

I don't see how on earth you can expect a bunch of strangers who may or
may not have any experience with dogs to diagnose your dog's skin
condition over the internet. It could be food allergies, contact
allergies, fleas, mange, etc. Yes, there are probably ways to treat the
symptoms, but the responsible thing to do is find out what's causing the
problem and fix it at the source. *That* will probably require a visit
to the vet.

--
Shelly

Old December 16th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
~shady_angel~

"Nessa" wrote in message
did you CALL the vet and ASK?

sometimes (especially if you have a good relationship with them) vets
will consult over the phone...

personally if my dog is sick it's just like my kid is sick and they go
to the vet. and yes it CAN be very expensive.

I have one pup who gets meds every day... no insurance. I pay it.
she needs it.

my dog had a tummy rash all the time... she was on cheap food and that
lowered her allergy levels enough that grass bothered her even in
small amounts.

improved her food and the rash is gone.

when she got it I would put a cream the vet gave me on it and also
give her benedryl.

I hope you can afford the vet. that is truly part of dog ownership.

Thank you.
I did and he has hey fever.

wrote:

Vets are very expensive and I only take him when really neccasary.

"Shelly" wrote in message
.209...
"~shady_angel~" wrote in
:

Old December 16th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa

wrote:

Vets are very expensive and I only take him when really neccasary.

"Shelly" wrote in message
.209...
"~shady_angel~" wrote in
:

My dog gets this nearly every summer, is it allergies and what can
I give him thats safe to help ease the itch?

What does your vet say?

--
Shelly
http://www.cat-sidh.net(the Mother Ship)
http://esther.cat-sidh.net(Letters to Esther)

Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah *age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley *small shaggy cow that I love and adore (landseer Newf rescued
10/08)
(Angel) Bagel *went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5- Hide quoted text -

in December?

Old December 16th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Nessa wrote in news:ff51c7c4-76a7-4d8a-bca3-
:

in December?

She's in New Zealand.

--
Shelly
Old December 17th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa[_2_]

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:10:36 +0000 (UTC), Shelly
wrote:

Nessa wrote in news:ff51c7c4-76a7-4d8a-bca3-
:

in December?

She's in New Zealand.

oh ok... thanks.
Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley small shaggy cow that I love and adore (landseer Newf rescued 10/08)
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5

Chihuahua tummy problems questions darren Dog health 0 May 2nd 06 08:07 PM
bruising on tummy Brandy's Garden Dog health 23 March 19th 06 08:02 AM
Dog is itchy Geo Dog health 1 August 30th 05 06:02 AM
REALLY itchy dog... netdet Dog health 4 September 16th 03 11:39 AM
REALLY itchy dog... netdet Dog health 0 September 15th 03 11:14 PM