Buddy's Birthday

Old December 24th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot[_2_]

Default Buddy's Birthday

It's hard to believe that it's been 3 years since I went and picked up Buddy
at a co-workers home. In that time he's went from being a scared abused dog
to a wonderful pal.

He's still untrusting of people and would rather take a bite of of them than
let them touch him but with us he's learned he can trust us completely. I
never thought I'd ever be able to hug him and fuss over him. He actually
comes up and wants his ears rubbed, loves to go for walks, will roll on his
side to have his belly rubbed and expects to get a dog bone when he's done
going to the bathroom. I even catch him snoozing on half his dog bed while
the cats are on the other half. He still hates to get a bath and doesn't
like car rides much.

I'm glad he's finally realized he has a home now and doesn't have to worry,
it's been trying at times but well worth all the effort it took to get him
to learn to trust. He doesn't even try and leave the yard, something
that's rare for a beagle even if he is a beagle mix.

A few pics of my old man
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/310265

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBay® auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip

Old December 24th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Karla

"Spot" wrote in message
[...]

Buddy is a great looking dog, it would be very easy to fall in love with
him. In fact, I think it's too late.

Happy Birthday Buddy!

Old December 24th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 19:14:53 GMT, "Spot" wrote:

It's hard to believe that it's been 3 years since I went and picked up Buddy
at a co-workers home. In that time he's went from being a scared abused dog
to a wonderful pal.

A few pics of my old man
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/310265

Celeste

happy Birthday Buddy! many many more!

newfondly yours,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley small shaggy cow that pretends he's a newfoundland rescued age 10 months
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old December 25th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"Spot" wrote in message
[...]

He's a nice looking dog. Muttley and I say "Happy Birthday" and "Grrowf!"

I didn't see the Chessie in him but it seems more evident when the Beagle
cross is added.

Muttley is still untrusting of new people, but once they earn his trust and
show no fear, he seems to tolerate and even welcome hugs (mostly from
kids), and even rough and tumble "dog play". A friend got on his hands and
knees and barked at him, to which Muttley responded with a play bow and a
quizzically cocked head. After his initial meeting with people, he rarely
barks, snarls, growls, or even shows any particular interest.

Buddy may have been subjected to more abuse, or have a different
personality, and I don't think it's possible to change that very much. But
I'm glad you rescued him and have had success!

Merry Christmas also, Buddy!

Paul and Muttley

Old December 25th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Spot wrote:

A few pics of my old man
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/310265

Celeste

Happy b-day, Buddy! Yer a fine-lookin' gent!

FurPaw

--
Don't believe everything that you think.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old December 25th 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Spot" spoke these words of wisdom in
: