Sheesh

Old January 8th 09, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
SteveB[_2_]

Default Sheesh

I googled Canidae dog food, and found recalls, lawsuits, all sorts of
negative things. Almost makes me want to ask the old wino what to feed my
dog.

Steve

Old January 8th 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
SteveB wrote:
I googled Canidae dog food, and found recalls, lawsuits, all sorts of
negative things.

What, like this?:
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...action-lawsuit

Good luck with your quest to find the perfect dog food.
If you're looking for something nobody ever complained
about, you've just found yourself a time-consuming new
hobby.

Old January 8th 09, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa

On Jan 8, 10:40*am, (Melinda Shore) wrote:
In article ,

--
* * *Melinda Shore - Software longa, hardware brevis -

* * * Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community

i'll settle for something that:

a. the dogs like
b. is reasonably good for them
c. gives them NORMAL poops
d. does not cost more than I pay for my food
c. is fairly easy to store and preapre

IS THAT ASKING TOO MUCH???
Old January 8th 09, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa

On Jan 8, 11:04*am, sighthounds & siberians wrote:
On 8 Jan 2009 10:40:03 -0500, (Melinda Shore) wrote:

In article ,
SteveB wrote:
I googled Canidae dog food, and found recalls, lawsuits, all sorts of
negative things. *

There have been no recalls of Canidae dog food. *

closest thing i found was this

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...recalls72.html
Old January 8th 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

SteveB wrote:
I googled Canidae dog food, and found recalls, lawsuits, all sorts of
negative things. *

There have been no recalls of Canidae dog food. *

closest thing i found was this

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...recalls72.html

How is that close to a recall?

Old January 8th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
How is that close to a recall?

I'm not sure how someone who's been watching the beet's
posts can accept uncorroborated assertions about dog food
from random individuals at face value. There are some real
crackpots out there.

Old January 8th 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa

SteveB wrote:
I googled Canidae dog food, and found recalls, lawsuits, all sorts of
negative things. *

There have been no recalls of Canidae dog food. *

closest thing i found was this

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...recalls72.html

How is that close to a recall?

it's NOT that was my (not-very-well-made) point.
Old January 8th 09, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nick

SteveB wrote:
I googled Canidae dog food, and found recalls, lawsuits, all sorts of
negative things. *

What, like this?:http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...action-lawsuit

Good luck with your quest to find the perfect dog food.
If you're looking for something nobody ever complained
about, you've just found yourself a time-consuming new
hobby.
--
* * *Melinda Shore - Software longa, hardware brevis -

* * * Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community

i'll settle for something that:

a. the dogs like
b. is reasonably good for them
c. gives them NORMAL poops
d. does not cost more than I pay for my food
c. is fairly easy to store and preapre

IS THAT ASKING TOO MUCH???

Yoda eats California Natural Herring and Sweet Potato at $50/bag. Comes
out to a rate of about $22.50 per month. I know we spend way more than
that on our own food... Although, while Yoda is big, he isn't newf big.
But I have been told that once newf's reach maturity their metabolism
backs off and they only eat about as much as a large lab. I have no
experience with them so I don't know if that is true.

It does contain the dreaded rosemary extract though, and even though
Yoda does not suffer from seizures, according to Paul's logic I should
switch to Purina Dog Chow because it is cheaper and doesn't have
rosemary. Just for kicks I tried to perform my standard cost analysis
of Purina Dog Chow, however since the manufacturer does not appear to
release caloric content I was not able to determine the approximate
length of time a bag would last. I consider that essential knowledge
for me to consider a food to feed.

Nick

Sheesh Deese Dog behavior 24 January 15th 05 04:00 AM
Oh, Sheesh, Now I'm getting JH posts Jo Wolf Dog behavior 10 July 5th 04 05:47 AM
Oh, Sheesh, Now I'm getting JH posts Jo Wolf Dog behavior 0 July 4th 04 09:26 PM