Re chardonnay9 the thread crasher

Old January 21st 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nitram

Default Re chardonnay9 the thread crasher

A while back (Dec 5) I posted that my golden retriever had been diagnosed
with cutaneous lymphoma and asked if anyone had any experience with this
disease.

I got a few helpful responses but most of the dialogue was responses to
chardonnay9 and her view that vets are evil and magic herbs will cure
anything.

I noticed that on Jan 16 J.Lef asked a question about cancer of the spleen
and the same thing happened. I think almost all of the responses were
directed to the first person to respond to his post - chardonnay9.

I'm sure you all have valuable experience to share so why don't you just put
her in your blocked sender list or killfile and get her out of the group.

On another note after more detailed skin biopsy reviews my dog's cutaneous
lymphoma was determined to a be a recently identified form that progresses
very slowly. There appears to be no internal organ advance. She's just
started on a single drug protocol - Lomustine (ceeNU) once every 4 weeks and
appears to be handling the chemo quite well.

Oleander Soup didn't seem to have enough "magic" for me.

Old January 21st 09, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Phyrie

"Nitram" wrote in message
[...]

I wish you and your dog a good recovery.

I know I won't be the first, or last, to say that if everyone with any sense
blocked Chard, then the truly needy and desperate people who may post here
asking life and death questions might think she is giving good advice, and
dogs will die. Anyone who listens to her and follows her advice, will most
likely end up with a dead dog. THAT'S why people keep responding to her.
We don't like to read her crap anymore than you do, but it's become a public
service now. Until she wises up, and realizes that if everyone in the whole
group thinks you're wrong, except for the resident insane person, then
chances are most likely you're wrong. The fact that she believes everything
the crazy guy says is very telling about her judgement.
She's so tunnel-visioned and blinded by her own bullshit, she just can't
wrap her little head around how totally wrong she is. Until then, we're
stuck with her. Maybe she'll follow her own advice and drink oleander soup.
Who knows? I sure don't wish death on her, but she seems to have no
compunction about not wishing the same on anyone else, or their pets.
If she would just shut up, listen and learn, maybe the group wouldn't have
to respond to her idiocy when folks like you are looking for well-reasoned,
experienced advice.
--
Phyrie
Kiba the Cav's Pics:

Old January 21st 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Nitram wrote:

I'm sure you all have valuable experience to share so why don't you just put
her in your blocked sender list or killfile and get her out of the group.

We've discussed it. *sigh* The general consensus seems to have been that
there's a significant danger that someone might believe that her advice
should be taken seriously, and that's why many of us haven't KF'd her yet.
It's definitely tempting to do so, though.

On another note after more detailed skin biopsy reviews my dog's cutaneous
lymphoma was determined to a be a recently identified form that progresses
very slowly. There appears to be no internal organ advance. She's just
started on a single drug protocol - Lomustine (ceeNU) once every 4 weeks and
appears to be handling the chemo quite well.

I'm glad that your dog's outlook sounds to be so positive. I'm afraid
that I haven't any experience with lymphoma (cutaneous or otherwise) so
haven't anything helpful to share - but do know that my good wishes are
with you both.

Dianne

Old January 21st 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article mfudl.6339$Db2.2021@edtnps83, Nitram wrote:
I'm sure you all have valuable experience to share so why don't you just put
her in your blocked sender list or killfile and get her out of the group.

This is a tough one. She's definitely extremely
disruptive. The problem is that while she would have been
killfiled long ago if she were just an asshole, she gives
"advice" that can kill dogs and that's harder to ignore.

I don't have experience with lymphoma, but it sounds like a
much more positive situation than you thought at the time of
your first post, and I hold good thoughts for you and your
dog.

Old January 21st 09, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

I'm sure you all have valuable experience to share so why don't you just
put her in your blocked sender list or killfile and get her out of the
group.

Because she hijacks every single thread and posts disturbing, wrong medical
advice. The regulars here aren't comfortable just looking the other way
anymore.

Old January 21st 09, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nitram

On second thought you guys are right.

Better to have her out in the open.

Old January 21st 09, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
chardonnay9

Phyrie wrote:
"Nitram" wrote in message
[...]

It really scares all of you that so many people think like me doesn't
it? And more curious people switch to a natural way of eating and
treating their pets as well as themselves. They do it because it works.
They do it because they care. Some do it because they've been doing it
for decades. This is no flash in the pan.

Trying to single me out as odd or capable of killing an animal only
serves to show how out of touch you all are. I'm one of an army of
people fed up with problems caused by the pet food industry and vets who
don't have a clue. Fortunately even some vets are actually looking into
natural methods and I can't wait till even more do so.

This is the only place online that I've seen people so much in the dark
about nutrition, harmful drugs and insecticides. I guess jumping on me
is your only recourse other than opening your eyes and seeing what is in
the near future.

You are a poor reminder of old ways that didn't work.
Old January 21st 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
chardonnay9 wrote:
It really scares all of you that so many people think like me doesn't
it?

As someone in the sciences, it scares me that anybody thinks
like you. Fortunately you seem to be the only one here ("so
many," my skinny white butt).

Old January 21st 09, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

It really scares all of you that so many people think like me doesn't it?

You're an army of one. Look around. You have no one here to call friend and
it's you're own doing. I always tell my children, "You choose your
consequences." They're mature enough to get it.

We're not scared of you. You really are oblivious and narcisistic to think
that you're the only right one and everyone else here is wrong?

As I said before, you need help.

Old January 21st 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw

chardonnay9 wrote:
I'm one of an army of
people fed up with problems caused by the pet food industry and vets who
don't have a clue. Fortunately even some vets are actually looking into
natural methods and I can't wait till even more do so.

It's one thing to be disgusted with some pet food manufacturers,
those folks in the FDA and DA who are more interested in politics
than food safety, and those Chinese people who thought it would
be OK to add melamine to mimic higher protein content in wheat
gluten.

It's a whole 'nuther thing to eschew good science in the name of
using "natural methods." It's as if you believe that "natural"
equates to "non-toxic." (Have an Amanita virosa, m'dear?) As if
you believe that "traditional medicine" is by definition superior
to modern medicine. Your "studies" of "natural methods" and
"traditional medicine" don't go deep enough for you to be able to
distinguish between effective practices vs. those that are based
solely on superstition and tradition and are at best ineffective,
at worst themselves harmful.

If you stopped trying to play vet, stopped "prescribing" to
people who post here, stopped preaching your one-note sermon,
stopped acting like a True Believer, stopped discounting any
evidence that contradicts your opinion, and started getting a
real education (as opposed to generalizing from all the anecdotes
you read on "alternative medicine" web sites) you might get a
better reception.

FurPaw
--
Don't believe everything that you think.

To reply, unleash the dog.