Tunnels banned as dangerous to dogs

Old August 9th 04, 01:15 PM
Robin Nuttall

Default Tunnels banned as dangerous to dogs

Rocky wrote:

Even more important than the title was our last run of the day,
an Advanced Jumpers course. Y'know those "Once in a blue moon
where everything goes right and the dog doesn't spin and both of
you run clean as fast as you can" runs? We did one of those.

Ah! The ultimate fix of the drug! So powerful that it can linger in the
system for months, even years. Sometimes I think the FDA should investigate.

Old August 9th 04, 07:33 PM

On 9 Aug 2004 05:30:12 GMT Rocky whittled these words:
Diane said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Whoops, forgot to change my "X-Dog3-Friday:" header. Brag.

Yay!

Even more important than the title was our last run of the day,
an Advanced Jumpers course. Y'know those "Once in a blue moon
where everything goes right and the dog doesn't spin and both of
you run clean as fast as you can" runs? We did one of those.

Those are just so much fun! We got in the zone on one run this weekend.
It wasn't until afterward that I realized I never even slowed down at the
a-frame, I didn't try to make him hit it, but he did anyway.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old August 9th 04, 07:49 PM
Rocky

Diane said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Even more important than the title was our last run of the
day, an Advanced Jumpers course. Y'know those "Once in a
blue moon where everything goes right and the dog doesn't
spin and both of you run clean as fast as you can" runs?
We did one of those.

Those are just so much fun! We got in the zone on one run
this weekend. It wasn't until afterward that I realized I
never even slowed down at the a-frame, I didn't try to make
him hit it, but he did anyway.

Speed is fun, isn't it? It all comes down to trusting the dog
and your training. Overhandling in competition (which is hard
*not* to do) doesn't make for the "ultimate fix" (as Robin so
appropriately put it) - even when you Q.

Last March, I made the decision to run Friday completely
differently than I had been. We now go for pure speed so that I
don't have time to overhandle him. We get a few off-courses and
missed contacts, though those have been decreasing dramatically
of late. And whenever it clicks, we always have the fastest
course time in the class.

With my New Digital Camera, I was able to get videos of all my
runs (it'll record 25 minutes of video); when I get back from
Montreal, I'll send you a link to that jumpers round.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.
Old August 11th 04, 03:07 AM
Robin Nuttall

Rocky wrote:

Well, fill your boots:
http://www.rocky-dog.com/CoolRuns/jumper.html

(FWIW, I don't recall being so noisy on course - I think that I
got excited towards the end. Also, most of that barking is not
Friday - I only count 2 or 3 Friday barks.)

I'll respond to all criticisms when I get back from the
nationals. If I'm in a bad mood, you'll find out fast, heh.

Fun, thanks! No real criticisms. Is this a typical Advanced course up
there? This would be considered a very flowy/fun course in AKC, and more
NADAC-like than I see with some AKC judges.

Old August 11th 04, 03:37 AM
Rocky

Robin Nuttall said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Is this a typical Advanced course up
there? This would be considered a very flowy/fun course in
AKC, and more NADAC-like than I see with some AKC judges.

If AKC is like CKC, this course may not have been allowed in
that venue (17 feet between obstacles in CKC, 15 feet in AAC).
I've run CKC with Rocky and found it straightforward, though
dropped it because there's no veteren's class.

Under AAC course design guidelines, in Advanced there are a
limited number of "major challenges" allowed. In the course I
posted, I see a biggie: number 4 jump to the tunnel trap.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.