Lump on old dogs upper eyelid

Old February 7th 09, 09:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Default Lump on old dogs upper eyelid

Hi,
My old (16yrs) border collie farm dog, has a pink-red lump on the
inside/edge of her upper eyelid. i am rather worried due to her age
and deteriorating condition. It would be around 5mm by 2-3mm and is
slightly unsightly.

Could this be a tumour? All the other websites say styes but hers is
different from the other images shown.

Is there a way I can post a picture?
Old February 7th 09, 10:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Dushichka

wrote in message
Hi,
My old (16yrs) border collie farm dog, has a pink-red lump on the
inside/edge of her upper eyelid. i am rather worried due to her age
and deteriorating condition. It would be around 5mm by 2-3mm and is
slightly unsightly.

Could this be a tumour? All the other websites say styes but hers is
different from the other images shown.

Is there a way I can post a picture?

Why not just take him to the Vet ASAP ?? Could be a tumor, could be
something quite benign, only the vet can tell you.

Old February 7th 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Phil L wrote:
go to tinypic.com, upload the picture and post the link here.

Yay! Another vet posting here! Is tinypic.com a veterinary
site? How cool!

Old February 7th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Phil L

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Phil L wrote:
go to tinypic.com, upload the picture and post the link here.

Yay! Another vet posting here! Is tinypic.com a veterinary
site? How cool!

Tinypic.com is, as the name suggests, a website (as indsicated by the .com
bit at the end) and the name might appear to some to be a refference to
animal health, but to anyone with a brain larger than a grape, it might
conjure up the phrase 'small picture', in the sense that you can go there
and without any registration or anything else, post a picture, which
generates a hyperlink, which can be cut & pasted here, that link, when
clicked on, opens tinypic.com
(see explanation above) and the picture that the person wants you to see, is
on your screen.

sorry for the confusion and do you have blonde hair?

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Old February 7th 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Phil L wrote:
Tinypic.com is, as the name suggests, a website (as indsicated by the .com
bit at the end) and the name might appear to some to be a refference to
animal health, but to anyone with a brain larger than a grape, it might
conjure up the phrase 'small picture', in the sense that you can go there
and without any registration or anything else, post a picture, which
generates a hyperlink, which can be cut & pasted here, that link, when
clicked on, opens tinypic.com

Oh! So you want a *picture*? Well, why not say so?

sorry for the confusion and do you have blonde hair?

You seem like a lovely person! Regardless, I'm glad to have
another vet here who's willing to do diagnosis without
actually seeing the dog. I think that's *awesome*, and I'm
really looking forward to seeing your treatment
recommendations. I was really impressed with your
nutritional expertise.

Old February 7th 09, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Phil L" wrote in message
om...

and the picture that the person wants you to see, is on your screen.

So, you *are* a vet, then? And if not, then by what means do you intend
to diagnose this animal's ailment with nothing but a tiny picture to go
by?

sorry for the confusion and do you have blonde hair?

Oh dear. You've discovered the s33kr1t identity of Teh Big Blonde
Valkyrie, and now, she'll have to kill you. So sad.

--
Shelly

Old February 7th 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Phil L

Shelly wrote:
"Phil L" wrote in message
om...

and the picture that the person wants you to see, is on your screen.

So, you *are* a vet, then? And if not, then by what means do you
intend to diagnose this animal's ailment with nothing but a tiny
picture to go by?

No I'm not a vet, I'm giving instructions on how to post a picture, which is
what the OP asked for - you seem to have the same colour hair as the other
dopey bint and have managed to leap to the conclusion that anyone who offers
advice of any kind is a vet - get a grip on yourself FFS

sorry for the confusion and do you have blonde hair?

Oh dear. You've discovered the s33kr1t identity of Teh Big Blonde
Valkyrie, and now, she'll have to kill you. So sad.

I'm shaking like a shitting dog.

Old February 7th 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Phil L

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Phil L wrote:
Tinypic.com is, as the name suggests, a website (as indsicated by
the .com bit at the end) and the name might appear to some to be a
refference to animal health, but to anyone with a brain larger than
a grape, it might conjure up the phrase 'small picture', in the
sense that you can go there and without any registration or anything
else, post a picture, which generates a hyperlink, which can be cut
& pasted here, that link, when clicked on, opens tinypic.com

Oh! So you want a *picture*? Well, why not say so?

The OP asked a question as to how does he/she post a picture, I gave him/her
instructions on how to do that, not that I could diagnose the dog's
condition - for all you know it could be a rice krispie stuck to it's face.

sorry for the confusion and do you have blonde hair?

You seem like a lovely person! Regardless, I'm glad to have
another vet here who's willing to do diagnosis without
actually seeing the dog. I think that's *awesome*, and I'm
really looking forward to seeing your treatment
recommendations. I was really impressed with your
nutritional expertise.

So you fancy yourself as a vet then? - if your expertise with animals is
anything like your inability to understand a simple usenet post, then I feel
truly sorry for all the animals you've treated over the years, still, I
don't suppose any of them are feeling any pain now.