Notice to close this group

Old February 7th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Phil L

Default Notice to close this group

It's pointless.

Simply start another group called rec.pets.dogs.health.take-it-to-a-vet

Then if anyone wants to ask a question regarding a dog, they search for
'dog' and get the same advice as they would if they found this pointless
group.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Old February 7th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
angelsong

On Feb 7, 1:40*pm, "Phil L" wrote:
It's pointless.

Simply start another group called rec.pets.dogs.health.take-it-to-a-vet

Then if anyone wants to ask a question regarding a dog, they search for
'dog' and get the same advice as they would if they found this pointless
group.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

This is my first post ever in this group and already I can feel the
tension. May I make a suggestion? Some of the best and most eager to
share information about dog care are vet students. They are up on the
latest information and proceedures. Texas A & M is the very best (If
I do say my self)- plus don't coun't out the other's in the group who
I haven't met yet. Nothing can compare with experience. so I look
foward to their advice which I really need.

Long tall Sally

sally
Old February 7th 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
angelsong wrote:
Texas A & M is the very best (If
I do say my self)-

Oh, dear.

plus don't coun't out the other's in the group who
I haven't met yet. Nothing can compare with experience. so I look
foward to their advice which I really need.

Nothing *can* compare with experience, which is why vet
students can be pretty inconsistent. I've had an awful lot
of experience taking animals to university veterinary
hospitals, esp. the one that really is top-rated, and while
the students tend to be smart and generally really great to
deal with, they're also likely not to recognize stuff and to
pathologize entirely too much. There's a huge difference
between dealing with them (and they're third-year students,
so they've got some classwork behind them) and with the
clinicians. That's why the clinicians double-check every
single thing the students do.

Also, the guy you're responding to? Asked a vague question
with an unlikely premise, and got pouty and demanding when
he didn't like the response. I.e. he's pretty much of a
jerk, and the post you're responding to is him just being an
asshole. Apparently he doesn't want to spend the money to
talk to a vet.