Doggie Play Day (fun action photos)

Old February 22nd 09, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

Default Doggie Play Day (fun action photos)

Play day at our agility club - no agility, just dogs having free play.
(Contact equipment was blocked off, jump bars on the ground; tunnels were
part of the games!) Lots of running, biteyface, and so forth.
Cenau was the only really small dog there - there were two Shelties, but
both are much larger than he - but that was no problemo.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...997289&l=39dd3

As usual, a public link that doesn't require a FaceBook account.

Old February 22nd 09, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara Green

sionnach wrote:
Play day at our agility club - no agility, just dogs having free play.
(Contact equipment was blocked off, jump bars on the ground; tunnels were
part of the games!) Lots of running, biteyface, and so forth.
Cenau was the only really small dog there - there were two Shelties, but
both are much larger than he - but that was no problemo.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...997289&l=39dd3

As usual, a public link that doesn't require a FaceBook account.

Great pics!

One of these days I'll have to figure out the
more subtle aspects of Facebook. I didn't
even know you could have a private profile
and a public photo album! How cool!

And yes, I am a little bit jealous of your
far superior training space. Ours is either
indoors (where we can;t store stuff) or in
the park (ditto). Though I have to say that
classes are SOO Much more fun now that I'm
not teaching. W00t :-)
Old February 22nd 09, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

sionnach wrote:
Play day at our agility club - no agility, just dogs having free play.
(Contact equipment was blocked off, jump bars on the ground; tunnels were
part of the games!) Lots of running, biteyface, and so forth.
Cenau was the only really small dog there - there were two Shelties, but
both are much larger than he - but that was no problemo.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...997289&l=39dd3

As usual, a public link that doesn't require a FaceBook account.

Great Pix. I'll have you know that Zipper also has the patented "duck
and turn under the dog" move down pat. It's SO funny to see a big dog
running him down and the next thing you know, he's scooted out full
speed the other direction. It usually takes a couple of strides for the
big dogs to go, "Whu? There's no dog here!" By that time he has a 15'
head start the other way.
Old February 22nd 09, 05:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

"Tara Green" wrote:

One of these days I'll have to figure out the more subtle aspects of
Facebook. I didn't even know you could have a private profile and a public
photo album! How cool!

One of the things I like about Facebook (mind you there are things I don't
like!) is that only friends can see a profile.
Re the pictures - in the small print at the bottom of a photo album, there's
a public link you can copy and paste.
I have also uploaded to Flickr, but it's much more time-consuming to
organize and caption there.

And yes, I am a little bit jealous of your far superior training space.

It is nice .. not to mention terrier-proof fenced. The big drawback,
though, is that there is no indoor area - if we have bad weather, we don't
have class.

Though I have to say that classes are SOO Much more fun now that I'm not
teaching. W00t :-)

I can imagine!

Old February 22nd 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

"sionnach" wrote in message
Play day at our agility club - no agility, just dogs having free play.
(Contact equipment was blocked off, jump bars on the ground; tunnels were
part of the games!) Lots of running, biteyface, and so forth.
Cenau was the only really small dog there - there were two Shelties, but
both are much larger than he - but that was no problemo.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...997289&l=39dd3

As usual, a public link that doesn't require a FaceBook account.

They're really enjoying themselves. Looks like the weather is nice where
you are.
We're having a warm weekend and it's good to be out and about with the
dogs.
Alison

Old February 22nd 09, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Alison" wrote:

Looks like the weather is nice where
you are.

Nice is a relative term! It did get up to about 45 with sun yesterday,
but my early class (8:45) was a bit brisk.

--
Janet Boss
Old February 22nd 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

"Janet Boss" wrote:

Nice is a relative term! It did get up to about 45 with sun yesterday,
but my early class (8:45) was a bit brisk.

And today it's grey, 35, and snow/sleeting. :-P

Old February 22nd 09, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"sionnach" wrote:

And today it's grey, 35, and snow/sleeting. :-P

Sleet is JUST starting to mix in here. It has been just snow up until
now. I am VERY glad that I did not move to NH 11 years ago. While I
love some snow, especially one really good storm, I would not want big
storm after big storm after big storm. They're getting socked again
today in NE and I'm just as happy to be watching this land and mostly
melt.

--
Janet Boss
Old February 22nd 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
Sleet is JUST starting to mix in here. It has been just snow up until
now. I am VERY glad that I did not move to NH 11 years ago. While I
love some snow, especially one really good storm, I would not want big
storm after big storm after big storm.

But you don't know what your life would be like if you had
moved. You may have turned into a snow bunny, taking up
showshoeing or snowmobiling or mushing or cross-country
skiing or something that would make you really love constant
snow.