Border Collie at work

Old August 31st 04, 04:36 AM

Default Border Collie at work

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 01:25:07 +0000 (UTC) Melanie L Chang whittled these words:
From the Steppingstone Sheepdog Trial earlier this summer, Fly and I turn
the post (photo by Barb Klein, bad scan by me):

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~mlchang/meandfly.jpg

Fly is covering the pressure because the exhaust is behind me to the
right. By being where she is, she keeps the sheep coming toward me

Nice

straight. My crook is out to the right because they need to turn the
post counter-clockwise. The first set of drive panels are up the field,
sort of above the upper left-hand corner of the picture.

Upper left? If you are taking the sheep counter-clockwise around the post
wouldn't they be going to panels to your right - usually?

That black sheep was jet black. Gorgeous. This was during the Brood X
uprising and the cicadas were so loud that day the dogs had a hard time
hearing whistles once they got more than 75-100 yards out.

Melanie Lee Chang | Form ever follows function.
Departments of Anthropology and Biology |
University of Pennsylvania | -- Louis Sullivan

Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
http://dogplay.com/Shop/