Housetraining

Old March 19th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Housetraining

Any helpful hits on what I need to do to get my 5 month old lab/collie
mix to stop having accidents in the house?

I ordered some odor eliminator from www.pbgone.com - that's what the
vet recommended I use.

Does she really have accidents from smelling her previous ones?
Old March 19th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

wrote in message
Any helpful hits on what I need to do to get my 5 month old lab/collie
mix to stop having accidents in the house?

I ordered some odor eliminator from www.pbgone.com - that's what the
vet recommended I use.

Does she really have accidents from smelling her previous ones?

I have heard that this is often the case, but I did not use anything
special for my dog Muttley, who was probably about 2 years old at the time,
and rescued from the streets. I think he was having "accidents" in the
house because I had a cat, and he was marking territory or sending some
other canine message. I would just show him the mess, letting him know I
was displeased, and then put him outside for a while. He would always have
these "accidents" in different places in the house, while I was not
present, so I had to keep him confined to a room I was in, or on a leash.

I would also keep him tethered outside when I had to leave the house, but
on one occasion he really seemed to communicate to me that he wanted to
stay inside. I think at that point he had bonded with me sufficiently and
recognized the house as "our den", even though the cat was still around and
he would chase her into hiding. I think the critical issue was his feeling
of trust and ownership of his living space.

He did have one true "accident" when I had just fed him and then left him
for an extended time, so when I came home he had left a small puddle and
some poop just inside the door. He seemed apologetic, and I just took him
outside where he really let loose, so I think he just could not hold it. I
just cleaned it up with some detergent and bleach, not anything special.

But most "accidents" really aren't.

Paul and Muttley

Old March 19th 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

I ordered some odor eliminator from www.imaspammer.com - that's what the
vet recommended I use.

Uh-huh. Nice job, spammer.

Old March 19th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:
I ordered some odor eliminator from www.imaspammer.com - that's what the
vet recommended I use.

Uh-huh. Nice job, spammer.

Yup. Didn't notice the multiple posts, and didn't bother checking the link.
So I guess my response was not what he wanted.

Paul and Muttley

Old March 30th 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Mar 19, 8:03*pm, wrote:
Any helpful hits on what I need to do to get my 5 month old lab/collie
mix to stop having accidents in thehouse?

I ordered some odor eliminator fromwww.pbgone.com- that's what the
vet recommended I use.

Does she really have accidents from smelling her previous ones?

Hi, Visit www.puppypottyinfo.com they have a free ebook that may help
you. It worked for me.
Old March 30th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Hi, Visit www.im-so-dumb-i-think-youll-fall-for-this.com they have a free ebook that may help
you. It worked for me.

We now live in a world where spammers try to sell stuff to
each other online.