A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........

Old April 24th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
chardonnay9

Default A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is
likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand
your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt
you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if
something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food,
I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you
can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier
for me if you are there, because I love you so.

Looks like a lot of people on this group need to actually read this.
Old April 25th 09, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Paul E. Schoen

"chardonnay9" wrote in message
[...]

A dog is an amazingly noble creature. He or she lives to please their human
benefactors upon whom they rely for basic needs of food, water, shelter,
and most importantly, love. Their love is instinctual and nearly
unconditional, and their ability to forgive our human weaknesses is
amazing. It is such a pity that many people choose to satisfy their own
neurotic needs to feel powerful and superior, by forcing these gentle
creatures into unquestioning and arbitrary obedience with harshness and
physical domination. It is fortunate for them that "full size" dogs are
usually blessed with gentle demeanors and choose not to use their full
physical powers which could result in severe injury or even death to an
abusive trainer. If someone treated me the way I was taught to treat
Muttley, that person might find themselves taking a dirt nap on the other
side of the grass.

Paul and Muttley

Doggie Commandments... Jake Dog behavior 3 March 30th 04 11:09 PM
The Ten Commandments vern Dog behavior 0 October 16th 03 04:24 AM
The Ten Commandments vern Dog behavior 0 October 16th 03 04:24 AM
The Ten Commandments vern Dog behavior 0 October 16th 03 04:24 AM
The Ten Commandments vern Dog behavior 0 October 16th 03 04:24 AM