Don't be blinded by my lily white legs...

Old May 2nd 09, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

Default Don't be blinded by my lily white legs...

The weather has been SO bizarre. This was last Friday, when it got to 88
degrees here in MO, after being in the 40s for lows most of the week. So
my glaring-white legs came out; holy God it's scary to look at.

On the other hand, it was also Zip's first Ex Standard Q. He was a bit
slow through the middle, the heat was clobbering the dogs too. It was an
easy Ex Std course, and Zip is getting really good about his verbal
directionals. He is happier if I drive him from behind and stay out of
his way. I've got a Jumpers one to load with a bear of a weave entry,
I'll post that one separately.

Oh and this is "home court," our training facility. We actually get 2
rings in there plus crating, the flooring is recycled rubber matting,
rough side up.

Hit the HQ button to see better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rkq47IvFvE
Old May 2nd 09, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

And here's the JWW video. This was a really difficult course. The start
and left side of the course was an X of 5 jumps It was tight and the
jumps were flat, so lots of pulling and pushing. A lot of people tried
to front cross but it jammed most dogs. I decided to run with Zip and
rear cross everything. When you hear me say "Back" that means I want him
to turn left, and "Turn" means turn right.

The weave entry was especially bad. It was very tight, and a flat 180.
You were running from behind the dog, so you had a choice to front cross
(as I did), pull the dog and run the weaves with the dog on the right,
or wrap the dog away from the weaves around to the right then thread the
dog between the wing and the first pole. One person actually did that
amazingly well with a super-fast Aussie but then NQd on something else.
Lots of people had backjumps, dogs entering the second pole, or dogs
entering correctly but unable to wrap to the second pole. Almost no one
Qd, at any height.

I'm not sure what I did wrong here, I thought he had it, then he gives a
little hop. I can't tell if he just was hopping out or if I pulled him
forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFPQhULAjg8
Old May 5th 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
bethgsd

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't been on rpd in ages, but wow! Nice video. Looks like you've lost
weight since the weave pole challenge. And isn't Mr. Zipper doing a good
job. Nice place you have to train too.

Beth