Hannah's ongoing UTI

Old May 5th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa

Default Hannah's ongoing UTI

is resistant to the baytril... but they know now finally what to put
her on. I have to go pick it up today... not sure what we will put
her on but she has to take it for two weeks...

at least we know what's going on and next time I'm going to stress we
try the CHEAP MEDS first... Baytril is dang expensive.

her PKB levels were not run so we have to do that again.
her thyroid and sugar appear to be normal.... (good news for a change)
Old May 5th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara Green

Nessa wrote:
is resistant to the baytril... but they know now finally what to put
her on. I have to go pick it up today... not sure what we will put
her on but she has to take it for two weeks...

at least we know what's going on and next time I'm going to stress we
try the CHEAP MEDS first... Baytril is dang expensive.

her PKB levels were not run so we have to do that again.
her thyroid and sugar appear to be normal.... (good news for a change)

Is it definitely bacterial? (I'm quite sure I
missed some posts on this)
Old May 5th 09, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa

On May 5, 1:37*pm, Tara Green wrote:
Nessa wrote:
is resistant to the baytril... but they know now finally what to put
her on. I have to go pick it up today... *not sure what we will put
her on but she has to take it for two weeks...

at least we know what's going on and next time I'm going to stress we
try the CHEAP MEDS first... Baytril is dang expensive.

her PKB levels were not run so we have to do that again.
her thyroid and sugar appear to be normal.... *(good news for a change)

Is it definitely bacterial? (I'm quite sure I
missed some posts on this)

they did a sterile culture (a needle in the bladder catch) and grew it
for a week....

so i guess so.
Old May 5th 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Nessa wrote:
at least we know what's going on and next time I'm going to stress we
try the CHEAP MEDS first... Baytril is dang expensive.

It is! I forget - is that the first thing the vet tried?
The way it's usually worked with my dogs has been
Cephalexin, then if that didn't work try Baytril, and if
that didn't work culture the bacteria and do a sensitivity
test. In the most recent case the vet suspected a bladder
stone and did an x-ray before culture and sensitivity
testing. But yeah, here they usually try the less
expensive broad-spectrum antibiotic first.

Old May 5th 09, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa

On May 5, 1:53*pm, (Melinda Shore) wrote:
In article ,

--
* * *Melinda Shore - Software longa, hardware brevis -

* * * Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community

this is the NEW vet and she wanted to try the
Baytril first... she felt it was broad spectrum and would get it.
and it did get MOST of it... she kept getting better. she's been off
it it now since Sunday and so far she seems fine... but i'll be
getting the other stuff today.

4 weeks of Baytril for Hannah is 126 dollars...
Old May 5th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara Green

Nessa wrote:
[...]

Any ideas what's creating a ripe environment
in her bladder for all the bacteria she's
been growing? Did they tell you what it was?
Old May 6th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa[_2_]

Nessa wrote:
[...]

no clue but I'll bet it has to do with how she plays with Harley....

and other changes include:

hardwood mulch now instead of grass
new food (Natural Balance Fish and Sweet Potato)
the new PKB meds....
Nessa
--
trying to be the best human she can,

Blood Work for a dog with Seizures.. or Hannah's liver test was high.... Nessa[_2_] Dog health 44 February 17th 09 08:04 PM
Ongoing Thyroid Saga Suja Dog health 16 October 23rd 06 03:29 AM
Ongoing "Accidents" with Miniature Poodle Shrink Dog behavior 28 February 15th 04 08:25 PM
Ongoing "Accidents" with Miniature Poodle Shrink Dog behavior 0 February 14th 04 06:15 PM
Ongoing "Accidents" with Miniature Poodle Shrink Dog behavior 0 February 14th 04 06:15 PM