The Other End of the Leash

Old May 13th 09, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
jmedina

Default The Other End of the Leash

Hello group...has anybody here read "The Other End of the Leash" by
Patricia McConnell? If so, what did you think of it? Is it a
worthwhile read?
Old May 13th 09, 09:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

"jmedina" wrote in message
Hello group...has anybody here read "The Other End of the Leash" by
Patricia McConnell? If so, what did you think of it? Is it a
worthwhile read?

yes its worth reading and so is her latest book For the Love of a Dog :
Understanding emotions in you and your best friend.
Alison

Old May 13th 09, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
jmedina wrote:
Hello group...has anybody here read "The Other End of the Leash" by
Patricia McConnell? If so, what did you think of it? Is it a
worthwhile read?

I loved it - I think it's one of the better dog
behavior/training books out there right now.

Old May 13th 09, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mike S.[_2_]

In article ,
jmedina wrote:
Hello group...has anybody here read "The Other End of the Leash" by
Patricia McConnell? If so, what did you think of it? Is it a
worthwhile read?

That, and "The Other End Of The Leash" are great reads. Not exactly
rigorous in their science, and kinda chatty/anecdotal - but great reads.
The author's experience and affection for her dogs permeate every page.

Old May 13th 09, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mike S.[_2_]

In article ,
Mike S. wrote:

In article ,
jmedina wrote:
Hello group...has anybody here read "The Other End of the Leash" by
Patricia McConnell? If so, what did you think of it? Is it a
worthwhile read?

That, and "The Other End Of The Leash" are great reads. Not exactly
rigorous in their science, and kinda chatty/anecdotal - but great reads.
The author's experience and affection for her dogs permeate every page.

Woops. Meant to say the other book is "For The Love Of A Dog". Serves me
right for posting so early in the morning.

Old May 13th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

jmedina said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Hello group...has anybody here read "The Other End of the
Leash" by Patricia McConnell? If so, what did you think of
it? Is it a worthwhile read?

It's part of my library and is a book I've loaned out often.
Expensive, but I'm pretty sure it's in paperback now.

Old May 13th 09, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sandy in OK

On May 13, 6:34�am, (Mike S.) wrote:
Not exactly
rigorous in their science, and kinda chatty/anecdotal - but great reads.
The author's experience and affection for her dogs permeate every page.

Of course, they are basically written for the general public, and so
that's probably the best approach. I find them useful for helping me
come up with good explanations for my students (who are mostly general
public)
Old May 14th 09, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
jmedina

Thanks everyone for the responses...a co-worker of mine loaned me the
book a while back and I have yet to check it out. I am going to start
reading it sometime this week and probably try to find the other book
mentioned.
Old May 14th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

"jmedina" wrote in message
Thanks everyone for the responses...a co-worker of mine loaned me the
book a while back and I have yet to check it out. I am going to start
reading it sometime this week and probably try to find the other book
mentioned.

Enjoy! Let us know what you think of it.
Alison

Maybe leash, maybe not. Rocky[_2_] Dog behavior 26 October 17th 07 06:06 PM
leash karsan Dog behavior 16 July 16th 06 03:38 AM
Off Leash Cin Dog behavior 0 August 22nd 04 07:28 AM
Off Leash Cin Dog behavior 0 August 22nd 04 07:28 AM
Off Leash Cin Dog behavior 0 August 22nd 04 07:28 AM