Idiot neighbors

Old May 16th 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
spot

Default Idiot neighbors

I took Bubba for a walk tonight. He has arthritis really bad and about
2 blocks over he was limping more. We were in an alley behind a vacant
lot. I figured I'd just walk him through it and cut out going around
the block and get him home sooner.

Some jack ass 2 doors down mowing his grass starts yelling at me get
that damned dog out of my yard. He wasn't in his yard he was in the lot
and I was walking on the edge of his yard. I yelled back Ok I will I
thought this was vacant you haven't mowed the damned thing in forever,
The grass was at least 8 inches high, which reminds me I want to check
him for ticks to.

His wife came out from the front and apologized for him being such an
ass hole. I told her look I didn't know anyone owned it. He's limping
badly and I just wanted to cut through so I could get him home. It's
not like I let him crap in your yard and if he did I certainly would
have cleaned it up.

I'm standing there with a bag of dog poop in a shopping bag in my left
hand. Orange clean up bags stuck out of the top of my shorts and the
leash in my right. It's not like it wasn't obvious that I cleaned up
after him when I walk him. I'm probably the only one in the
neighborhood who actually walks their dog and always cleans up after
him. Lord knows I never see anyone else coming down the streets
carrying a bad of dog poop with them.

Celeste
Old May 16th 09, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

spot wrote:
[...]

Aww, Celeste, I'm sorry to hear about your dickhead neighbor. And sad
for his poor wife. Sending virtual hemorrhoids his way.

Old May 16th 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie

"spot" wrote in message
[...]

Heh. I was over at my nail lady's house today to have my nails done. I had
Kiba with me, as he had a vet appointment today too. I took him out of the
car and walked him around the boulevards, letting him piddle at will, as
these boys dogs do. Two doors over, the neighbours had stuck signs in the
ground, "Keep OFF the Grass". This in on the verge between the road and the
property lines. These boulevards are public property. I noticed the signs,
and although I was a little annoyed (they weren't there last time I was
there) I kept Kiba from the area. As I was taking Kiba away, a car drove
into the driveway. The person actually stopped dead, right there, to make
sure I wasn't going to walk on "her" grass.
I mentioned it to my nail lady, and she says, "Yeah, they're causing
somewhat of a problem for us all. Not only do they think dogs shouldn't
walk there, our kids get yelled at while walking home from school on the
verge. (There's no sidewalks) It's going to come to a head soon, I think."
I, of course, tell her they have no right to keep anyone from the verge, as
it's city property, and she agreed. But these people seem to think that
it's their private boulevard and they can keep us all off.
Idiots.
And Kiba has pooped in my nail lady's yard twice now. *sigh* Since he only
poops where he's comfortable, I can look forward to carrying full poop bags
in the trunk whenever I get my nails done.
--
Phyrie
Kiba the Cav's Pics:

Old May 18th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
~shady angel~[_3_]

"spot" wrote in message
[...]

I clean up my boys poo as we go,
but what do you do if you happen to run out of bags?
I normally take three but have ran out a coule of times.

Old May 18th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"~shady angel~" wrote:

I clean up my boys poo as we go,
but what do you do if you happen to run out of bags?
I normally take three but have ran out a coule of times.

If you need more than 3 bags for a walk, you need to examine your
feeding process.

--
Janet Boss
Old May 18th 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

Janet Boss wrote:
In article ,
"~shady angel~" wrote:

I clean up my boys poo as we go,
but what do you do if you happen to run out of bags?
I normally take three but have ran out a coule of times.

If you need more than 3 bags for a walk, you need to examine your
feeding process.

Not necessarily. Sometimes I need several because the dogs run around
like idiots and get the "exercise induced looseness" thing going on.
They go once right away, then may go a couple more times, each,
depending on how goofball they get. But I do let them run in an offleash
area; this isn't a sedate meander.
Old May 18th 09, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article MTgQl.107322$DP1.30184@attbi_s22,
Robin Nuttall wrote:
Not necessarily. Sometimes I need several because the dogs run around
like idiots and get the "exercise induced looseness" thing going on.
They go once right away, then may go a couple more times, each,
depending on how goofball they get. But I do let them run in an offleash
area; this isn't a sedate meander.

I've never seen that, either (my guys will crap at a
trailhead and that's that, and that's what happens with
other people's dogs I've seen, too). But I figure that
there's a lot of variability in gastrointestinal behavior
and an outlier doesn't necessarily indicate that there's a
problem. Still, three times in a walk is a lot and seems
unusual and I'd at least be wondering if there were
something I could be doing better/differently.

Old May 18th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Robin Nuttall wrote:

Not necessarily. Sometimes I need several because the dogs run around
like idiots and get the "exercise induced looseness" thing going on.
They go once right away, then may go a couple more times, each,
depending on how goofball they get. But I do let them run in an offleash
area; this isn't a sedate meander.

Right. Shady has a leashed pitbull. You've gotta wonder how much he's
pooping and why!

--
Janet Boss
Old May 18th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara Green

Janet Boss wrote:
In article ,
"~shady angel~" wrote:

I clean up my boys poo as we go,
but what do you do if you happen to run out of bags?
I normally take three but have ran out a coule of times.

If you need more than 3 bags for a walk, you need to examine your
feeding process.

That's not categorically true. Depends on how
long the walk is, how much exercise, etc.

Some days, I take Annie out for 4-5 hours
with me. She gets some treats and snacks on
the road (so do I, so its only fair :-), and
while it isn't often, she can occasionally go
more than three times, especially if I
spilled an extra half teaspoon of Missing
Link into her food the night before.

Speaking of which, its time for a marathon
walk now!
Old May 18th 09, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara Green

Robin Nuttall wrote:

Not necessarily. Sometimes I need several because the dogs run around
like idiots and get the "exercise induced looseness" thing going on.
They go once right away, then may go a couple more times, each,
depending on how goofball they get. But I do let them run in an offleash
area; this isn't a sedate meander.

Right. Shady has a leashed pitbull. You've gotta wonder how much he's
pooping and why!

Or how long the walks are.

Lie I said, in a 4 hour outing, Annie might
go once, or she might go more often. Depends.

Idiot owners spot Dog health 4 April 20th 09 03:15 PM
Idiot of the week MauiJNP Dog behavior 3 September 25th 07 01:45 AM
Idiot owner White Monkey Dog behavior 20 January 28th 06 10:14 AM
Idiot Owner FurPaw Dog behavior 0 September 8th 03 02:48 AM
Idiot Neighbors (vent) montana Dog behavior 31 July 23rd 03 08:56 PM