Girl-Dog is home!

Old June 20th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Default Girl-Dog is home!

Meet ... Girl-Dog.

http://picasaweb.google.com/furpaw/G..._Day_1_061909#

We picked her up today, after she was spayed by the shelter. We
still haven't picked her name, because we want to see her in
action without aftereffects of anesthesia.

She's part lab, about a year old, weighs about 40 lb.

Either she's still quite anesthetized, or she is a very calm
girl. No problems on the ride home - she just reclined in her
crate and let me scritch her nose. A little hesitant in her new
home and new yard, but overcoming that quickly. She seems to be
house-trained, and has already selected her "spot" in the yard.
A definite leaner, loves to be scritched. Sleeping next to me
as I type this. I can't believe anyone could allow her to end up
in the shelter and not come looking for her!

FurPaw
--
Don't believe everything that you think.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old June 20th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
nancie

They call "her" Mellow Yellow.............now try and get that song out of
your head! She looks fabulous, but 2 weeks of stability and she may be less
mellow. However, it's a good name for her to live up to!

Old June 20th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Karla

"FurPaw" wrote in message
[...]

I love her face, very expressive and what soulful eyes. My best dogs have
come from shelters, I think people give up too easily and just don't see
what's in front of their eyes.

You sound so good, she is obviously good for you. I know she will take good
care of you!
Karla

Old June 20th 09, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara Green

FurPaw wrote:
Meet ... Girl-Dog.

Really beautiful girl!

Love that muzzle. Does it feel as velvety as
it looks?
Old June 20th 09, 11:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Karla

"FurPaw" wrote in message
[...]

I have a feeling that you've already named her. And her name is GirlDog. I
like it.

Old June 20th 09, 11:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
FurPaw wrote:
She's part lab, about a year old, weighs about 40 lb.

From the captions, I gather she's eating well! What a
fantastic face - I love the shading around the eyes. Lucky
you, lucky dog.

Old June 20th 09, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

"FurPaw" wrote in message
Meet ... Girl-Dog.

http://picasaweb.google.com/furpaw/G..._Day_1_061909#

She's lovely! Then again, I'm a sucker for black-masked dogs. :-)

Just curious... her tongue appears to have a purplish cast in the one
picture where it's sticking out; is that for real, or is it an optical
illusion?

Old June 20th 09, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen[_3_]

"FurPaw" wrote in message
Meet ... Girl-Dog.

http://picasaweb.google.com/furpaw/G..._Day_1_061909#

She is really beautiful and seems to have a nice smile. Her black mask and
light tan coloring are similar to Muttley. She is a lucky Girl-Dog. Why not
name her GeeDee?

Paul and Muttley

Old June 21st 09, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

FurPaw wrote...
Meet Girl-Dog
_______________________
Welcome home Girl-Dog. She sounds like she has settled in and made
herself at home.

FurPaw

I have to wonder with you how could anyone leave such a sweet little
girl behind and not come and get her from the shelter.

I have been thinking of her today and I know she is so happy to have
such a loving home.

Be Free.....Judy

Old June 22nd 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Gina Bull

Ooooh, those eyes!

CleoPATra?

Gina in Virginia