Calgary Dog Day Care...

Old June 26th 09, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie

Default Calgary Dog Day Care...

We have pretty much decided to take Kiba with us when we visit my parents
this summer, as long as I get my mom's OK. We're working on the stuff we
need to do, but we will need to find some doggie day care while we're out
there. We have tickets to the Strathmore Rodeo, which will be a full day
event, and we may have other events planned. So, I'm interested in a day
care that is close to my mom (26th and Dover Ridge Dr. SE). I know Matt is
in the opposite direction, IIRC, but he may know someone who would take good
care of our boy during the day. Any suggestions would be welcome. We will
be out there end of July-mid August.

Thanks, Phyrie
--
Kiba the Cav's Pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phyrie/...758930/detail/

Old June 26th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

"Phyrie" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Every dog daycare that I know of is large: 30 to 50 dogs in a
large room. Some places have good supervision, some watch the
dogs by camera from their office. Because quality varies
widely, I have a problem recommending anyone. My recommendation
would be to see if your parents have a friend or neighbour who
could look after Kiba, otherwise, Google "Calgary dog daycare"
and choose by geography.

Old June 26th 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen[_3_]

"Phyrie" wrote in message
We have pretty much decided to take Kiba with us when we visit my parents
this summer, as long as I get my mom's OK. We're working on the stuff we
need to do, but we will need to find some doggie day care while we're out
there. We have tickets to the Strathmore Rodeo, which will be a full day
event, and we may have other events planned. So, I'm interested in a day
care that is close to my mom (26th and Dover Ridge Dr. SE). I know Matt
is in the opposite direction, IIRC, but he may know someone who would
take good care of our boy during the day. Any suggestions would be
welcome. We will be out there end of July-mid August.

I am planning to take Muttley with me over the July 4th weekend to
Frederick and Hagerstown, and I called the Red Roof Inn, which does allow
dogs. They do not generally allow dogs to stay unsupervised in a hotel room
for the length of time I needed (about 8 hours), but they said it would be
OK if I had a dogwalker come by to check on him and let him out. They found
a local business and they are willing to do it for $25.

You might also contact the promoters of the rodeo to see if they know
anyone. Perhaps even someone who takes care of the rodeo animals could look
after a dog while you are there, and even perhaps for a while after the
event is over.

Paul and Muttley