Looking for a raised bed

Old June 29th 09, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Default Looking for a raised bed

I am trying to find an elevated bed that is around 12-16 inches off the
ground. Maui has some trouble jumping on my new bed because it is so high.
I thought a raised dog bed for at the foot of my bed would give me a place
to jump on and off first (like a step that he can also sleep on). I don't
want to spend a fortune. Anyone know of any places I might be able to find
a bed?

I was looking at these, but they are only 7 inches tall.........

http://homeandkennel.petedge.com/Gua... ategoryId=417

~~~~~
Jenny, Maui and Cali

Old June 29th 09, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

MauiJNP wrote:
I am trying to find an elevated bed that is around 12-16 inches off the
ground. Maui has some trouble jumping on my new bed because it is so high.
I thought a raised dog bed for at the foot of my bed would give me a place
to jump on and off first (like a step that he can also sleep on). I don't
want to spend a fortune. Anyone know of any places I might be able to find
a bed?

I was looking at these, but they are only 7 inches tall.........

http://homeandkennel.petedge.com/Gua... ategoryId=417

~~~~~
Jenny, Maui and Cali

Have you considered a ramp or stairs - something like this?
http://www.puppystairs.com/

These are pricey, but if you have access to a saw and lumber (or
someone who does) and pick up some carpet scraps from a carpet
store, I don't think it would be difficult to put together cheaply.

Some of these are less pricey
http://www.nextag.com/dog-stairs/stores-html

Or maybe you could cover plastic storage cubes with carpet scraps.

FurPaw

--
Don't believe everything that you think.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old June 29th 09, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kat

"FurPaw" wrote in message

Some of these are less pricey
http://www.nextag.com/dog-stairs/stores-html

I bought the Solve It ones at Meijer. They run 1/2 on some of their pet
products periodically and I got mine for $20. What I like about this one as
compared to the fabric covered one I used to have is that when it gets
grungy I just rinse it off in the shower.

Kathy

Old June 30th 09, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
lovedemdogs[_2_]

On Jun 29, 11:19*am, FurPaw wrote:
MauiJNP wrote:
I am trying to find an elevated bed that is around 12-16 inches off the
ground. *Maui has some trouble jumping on my new bed because it is so high.
I thought a raised dog bed for at the foot of my bed would give me a place
to jump on and off first (like a step that he can also sleep on). *I don't
want to spend a fortune. *Anyone know of any places I might be able to find
a bed?

I was looking at these, but they are only 7 inches tall.........

http://homeandkennel.petedge.com/Gua...-ZW307.pro?par...

~~~~~
Jenny, Maui and Cali

Have you considered a ramp or stairs - something like this?http://www.puppystairs.com/

These are pricey, but if you have access to a saw and lumber (or
someone who does) and pick up some carpet scraps from a carpet
store, I don't think it would be difficult to put together cheaply.

Some of these are less priceyhttp://www.nextag.com/dog-stairs/stores-html

Or maybe you could cover plastic storage cubes with carpet scraps.

FurPaw

--
Don't believe everything that you think.

To reply, unleash the dog.

This might interest you

http://www.target.com/Deluxe-Doggy-S...rs-dogs&page=1

Hope this helps
Old June 30th 09, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
FurPaw wrote:
These are pricey, but if you have access to a saw and lumber (or
someone who does) and pick up some carpet scraps from a carpet
store, I don't think it would be difficult to put together cheaply.

Yeah, I was just thinking that it wouldn't be too difficult
to build something. For example, custom-build a raised bed
at just the right height out of PVC pipe and fabric, etc.