Walking with Scissors

Old July 9th 09, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

Default Walking with Scissors

Doesn't everyone take scissors with them when they walk their dogs, so
that they can cut the four-foot-long piece of nylon stitching from the
pair of sandals one of them ate a week and a half ago that is finally
working its way out, but won't pull out because she yelps, leaving you
to break the first piece off by hand while trying to control the other
two dogs, and then rushing her to the vet who removes another four feet
of thread, tells you to feed her the other dog's high-fiber food for a
couple of days, keep an eye on her bowel movements, and carry scissors
in case more shows up so you don't have to break it by hand again?

Oh, I guess it's just us. Nevermind.

(This happened yesterday. Maggie seems to be feeling much better
tonight, though!)
--
boss, sometimes i think * * * * * |* kevin michael vail
that our friend mehitabel * * * * |*
Old July 9th 09, 05:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Kevin Michael Vail wrote:
Doesn't everyone take scissors with them when they walk their dogs, so
that they can cut the four-foot-long piece of nylon stitching from the
pair of sandals one of them ate a week and a half ago that is finally
working its way out, but won't pull out because she yelps, leaving you
to break the first piece off by hand while trying to control the other
two dogs, and then rushing her to the vet who removes another four feet
of thread, tells you to feed her the other dog's high-fiber food for a
couple of days, keep an eye on her bowel movements, and carry scissors
in case more shows up so you don't have to break it by hand again?

Oh, I guess it's just us. Nevermind.

(This happened yesterday. Maggie seems to be feeling much better
tonight, though!)

What a trauma! I hope Maggie's problem has, um, passed.

FurPaw, scissorless

--
Don't believe everything that you think.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old July 9th 09, 06:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
montana wildhack

On 2009-07-08 21:22:00 -0400, Kevin Michael Vail said:

Oh, I guess it's just us. Nevermind.

(This happened yesterday. Maggie seems to be feeling much better
tonight, though!)

Oh my! I hope you are all feeling better soon!

Old July 9th 09, 08:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie

"Kevin Michael Vail" wrote in message
Doesn't everyone take scissors with them when they walk their dogs, so
that they can cut the four-foot-long piece of nylon stitching from the
pair of sandals one of them ate a week and a half ago that is finally
working its way out, but won't pull out because she yelps, leaving you
to break the first piece off by hand while trying to control the other
two dogs, and then rushing her to the vet who removes another four feet
of thread, tells you to feed her the other dog's high-fiber food for a
couple of days, keep an eye on her bowel movements, and carry scissors
in case more shows up so you don't have to break it by hand again?

Oh, I guess it's just us. Nevermind.

(This happened yesterday. Maggie seems to be feeling much better
tonight, though!)

Erf, we feel for ya. My husband reports that Kiba has either eaten a ton of
long grass, or some string, but on his walk today his poops were all
separated by lines that caused the most undignified walking about, trying to
dislodge poop-on-a-string. My husband knew not to grab and pull, but he
said he was damn tempted after a couple of "danglers". Could it be grass,
or would grass have been digested by that point, and now I should worry
about where the idjit has ingested string?
--
Phyrie
Kiba the Cav's Pics:

Old July 9th 09, 09:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Kevin Michael Vail wrote:
Doesn't everyone take scissors with them when they walk their dogs, so
that they can cut the four-foot-long piece of nylon stitching from the
pair of sandals one of them ate a week and a half ago that is finally
working its way out, but won't pull out because she yelps, leaving you
to break the first piece off by hand while trying to control the other
two dogs, and then rushing her to the vet who removes another four feet
of thread, tells you to feed her the other dog's high-fiber food for a
couple of days, keep an eye on her bowel movements, and carry scissors
in case more shows up so you don't have to break it by hand again?

Oh, I guess it's just us. Nevermind.

(This happened yesterday. Maggie seems to be feeling much better
tonight, though!)

Oh geeze... That's what pocket knives are for. Well, that, and opening
the plastic sarcophagus that Costco printer ink comes in (I've seen
nuclear waste with less packaging), and slicing bites off of apples at
lunch so you don't stress your very expensively repaired front tooth,
and for cutting baling twine, and disentangling blackberry brambles
stuck in plume-y dog tails, etc...

I always carry my little knife, in pocket or purse, depending on the
outfit. And in case you're wondering, I clean and dry it regularly.

Old July 9th 09, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mary Healey[_3_]

Kathleen wrote :
Oh geeze... That's what pocket knives are for. Well, that, and opening
the plastic sarcophagus that Costco printer ink comes in (I've seen
nuclear waste with less packaging), and slicing bites off of apples at
lunch so you don't stress your very expensively repaired front tooth,
and for cutting baling twine, and disentangling blackberry brambles
stuck in plume-y dog tails, etc...

I'd hesitate to use the same knife to cut poop strings and my lunchtime
apple, but maybe that's just me.

--
Mary H. and the restored Ames National Zoo:
The Right Reverand Sir Edgar "Lucky" Pan-Waffles;
Old July 9th 09, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Mary Healey wrote:
I'd hesitate to use the same knife to cut poop strings and my lunchtime
apple, but maybe that's just me.

How will you *ever* develop a robust immune system if you're
unwilling to risk a little dogshit on your fruit?

Old July 9th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Melinda Shore wrote:

In article ,
Mary Healey wrote:

I'd hesitate to use the same knife to cut poop strings and my lunchtime
apple, but maybe that's just me.

How will you *ever* develop a robust immune system if you're
unwilling to risk a little dogshit on your fruit?

Soap, water, and, if there's any doubt, hand sanitizer followed by a
second rinse.

I have no doubt that at almost any given moment my hands are likely to
be dirtier than my knife, no matter *what* I just used it for... I
substitute teach, remember?

Old July 9th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

In article ,
Kathleen wrote:

I have no doubt that at almost any given moment my hands are likely to
be dirtier than my knife, no matter *what* I just used it for... I
substitute teach, remember?

I would certainly want to be carrying a knife if I were a substitute
teacher...!
--
Kevin Michael Vail | I would rather have a mind opened by wonder
Old July 9th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

In article ,
Kathleen wrote:

I always carry my little knife, in pocket or purse, depending on the
outfit. And in case you're wondering, I clean and dry it regularly.

You obviously don't have to go through a metal detector on your way into
work. I used to carry a small pocket knife, too, but no more.
--
Kevin Michael Vail | Dogbert: That's circular reasoning.
| Dilbert: I prefer to think of it as no loose ends.

need help with dog walking Hank Dog behavior 3 October 20th 06 04:21 AM
need help with dog walking lmj_31 Dogs - general 1 October 20th 06 04:21 AM
walking katiel Dog behavior 2 August 3rd 06 05:28 AM
Walking the dog junoexpress Dog breeds 3 February 10th 05 03:55 PM
Scissors - need advice esrade Dogs - general 0 November 18th 03 04:17 PM