CO2?

Old October 30th 03, 03:28 PM
Kathleen

Default CO2?

Is a healthy dog at risk for "crib death" if allowed to sleep entirely
under the covers? I know that new parents are warned repeatedly not to
bring young infants to bed with them, and not to pile heavy blankets
around them in their cribs due to the risks of carbon dioxide build-up.
I've got a 7 month old JRT puppy who likes nothing better than to
tunnel under the covers at night. Now that the weather's turned colder
I've added a heavy denim comforter to the bed and I'm afraid he may
suffocate under there. I've tried covering my own head with the
blankets and can't tolerate more than a minute or two before needing
fresh air.
I'd rather not crate him, as I truly don't mind having him in bed with
me, but I've been waking up several times a night to drag him out from
under the covers. My husband thinks he'll crawl out on his own if he
needs air. I'm not so sure - he's a really heavy sleeper. Any thoughts?

Kathleen Hansen
Z-Control Skid Boots
Leg armor for gonzo dogs!
http://webpages.charter.net/dhfm/ZControl.html

Old October 30th 03, 03:44 PM
Emily Carroll

He'll be fine.

--
Emily Carroll
Dealing 80s Toys - Rainbow Brite - My Little Pony - More

"Kathleen" wrote in message
[...]

---