what kind of dog is he?

Old July 13th 03, 10:30 PM
David

Default what kind of dog is he?

Since my dog is from the pound, I have not been able to answer that question
with certainty.

Well, here is a chance for you to guess (yes, I own that domain )

http://www.thebestdogintheworld.com/

Old July 13th 03, 10:32 PM
montana

"David" wrote:

Since my dog is from the pound, I have not been able to answer that question
with certainty.

Well, here is a chance for you to guess (yes, I own that domain )

http://www.thebestdogintheworld.com/

I love to play this game, but I'm pretty bad at it. I see a Pit/Lab mix.
Old July 13th 03, 10:45 PM
montana

montana wrote:

In article ,
"David" wrote:

Since my dog is from the pound, I have not been able to answer that question
with certainty.

Well, here is a chance for you to guess (yes, I own that domain )

http://www.thebestdogintheworld.com/

I love to play this game, but I'm pretty bad at it. I see a Pit/Lab mix.

Forgot to say what a beautiful dog you have there!
Old July 13th 03, 10:51 PM
bentcajungirl

Pit x border.
Perry
bentcajungirl
"montana" wrote in message

Old July 13th 03, 11:25 PM
Tara O.

"David" wrote in message
Since my dog is from the pound, I have not been able to answer that

question
with certainty.

Well, here is a chance for you to guess (yes, I own that domain )

http://www.thebestdogintheworld.com/

My guess would be Choc. Lab x Boxer

--
Tara

Old July 13th 03, 11:33 PM
Jdoee

Border collie X with something big. Change his color scheme to black and
white, and put german shepherd ears on him, and that's my stacey dog. jdoee

----------

Old July 13th 03, 11:46 PM
M Bliss

"David" wrote in message
Since my dog is from the pound, I have not been able to answer that

question
with certainty.

Well, here is a chance for you to guess (yes, I own that domain )

http://www.thebestdogintheworld.com/

========================

It doesn't surprise me that a lot of answers lean towards the Pit or Boxer
because he has a very 'Mastiff' type head (which both the PitnBoxer derive
from).
I see Great Dane right off - head, chest, legs, ears, feet, tail, etc.
The rounded dome of the head tells me that there is a sporting dog in him,
perhaps a Choc Lab which would also account for the colouring and low ear
set.

My guess = Dane/Lab cross

Old July 14th 03, 12:52 AM
Tara O.

It can be really misleading to judge a dog based just on its structure &
appearance. I've made my guess of part Boxer but what would help is to know
more about the dog's habits/quirks/personality.

For example, Boxers:

- wiggle their back-ends really fast when happy
- sometimes twist around into what looks like a U shape which is called
kidney-beaning
- tend to sleep curled up tightly like a donut
- are *very* expressionate with their eyes and foreheads
- are very kissy animals, licking anyone they get close enough to
- use their front paws often both in play with other dogs and when playing
by themselves
- aren't always good with initial social interaction with other dogs, often
coming off as either aggressively postured or "too rough"
- have a great need to always be with their people, to the extent that many
are called velcro-dogs
- are not generally outdoors-y types unless their human is out their with
them (they don't generally like staying outside alone)

--
Tara

Old July 14th 03, 01:21 AM
DogStar716

I say Pitbull/Border Collie

Dogstar716
Come see Gunnars Life: http://hometown.aol.com/dogstar716/index.html

Old July 14th 03, 03:36 AM
Jag795

My very uneducated guess is also a Boxer, Lab cross.

Jan :c)