bloodhound puppy

Old July 29th 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default bloodhound puppy

does anyone know where we could find a male bloodhound pup in
california?.. we find them all over in texas and oaklahoma..ect. but
it costs so much to fly them to us. we have a female and want to breed
her. if anyone has any ideas, some help would be great! thanks
Old July 29th 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Wingnut[_2_]

wrote in message
does anyone know where we could find a male bloodhound pup in
california?.. we find them all over in texas and oaklahoma..ect. but
it costs so much to fly them to us. we have a female and want to breed
her. if anyone has any ideas, some help would be great! thanks

Coincidentally, our local paper (Newport Beach Daily Pilot) had a pet rescue
special section today that listed various rescue outfits in southern
California. The Bloodhounds West website (bloodhoundswest.org) was pretty
bare bones, but there was a phone number that looks to be in Laguna Beach...
949 494-1076. As it's a rescue, their dogs are likely to be neutered, but
perhaps they would be willing to point you in the right direction.

Old July 30th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Jul 29, 2:38*pm, Char wrote:
wrote:
does anyone know where we could find a male bloodhound pup in
california?.. we find them all over in texas and oaklahoma..ect. but
it costs so much to fly them to us. we have a female and want to breed
her. if anyone has any ideas, some help would be great! thanks

How about you take the money you were going to buy a male with and spay
her? There really are so many dogs out there that already don't have homes.

Breeding should be saved for really special and really nice dogs that
will truly add something to the breed. By that I mean dogs that have
become champions, *won competitions, are a cut above the rest, dogs that
have genes that should be passed on.

If you want more than one dog please contact a rescue and give one a home..

Char

you don't know anything about our dog. for your information our dog is
trained to track humans, dead and alive on a trail up to 300 hours
old! her dad won a 7 day tournament in tracking, and her mom won an
endurance compatition in west texas, competing against 150 different
breeds. she is akc and ckc registered, and being trained more and more
every day! anyways... i'm not going to waste my time rebuttaling on
why i want to breed my dog, i'll bet 100 to 1 she listens better than
you do! so, next time you go out for a walk.. think about who would be
coming to look for you if something were to happen, then remember that
all the great trained dogs, are no where around you.
bye bye now
Old July 30th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Jul 29, 12:15*pm, "Wingnut"
wrote:
wrote in message

does anyone know where we could find a male bloodhound pup in
california?.. we find them all over in texas and oaklahoma..ect. but
it costs so much to fly them to us. we have a female and want to breed
her. if anyone has any ideas, some help would be great! thanks

Coincidentally, our local paper (Newport Beach Daily Pilot) had a pet rescue
special section today that listed various rescue outfits in southern
California. *The Bloodhounds West website (bloodhoundswest.org) was pretty
bare bones, but there was a phone number that looks to be in Laguna Beach....
949 494-1076. *As it's a rescue, their dogs are likely to be neutered, but
perhaps they would be willing to point you in the right direction.

thanks i'll check it out!
Old July 30th 09, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:27:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Jul 29, 2:38*pm, Char wrote:
wrote:
does anyone know where we could find a male bloodhound pup in
california?.. we find them all over in texas and oaklahoma..ect. but
it costs so much to fly them to us. we have a female and want to breed
her. if anyone has any ideas, some help would be great! thanks

How about you take the money you were going to buy a male with and spay
her? There really are so many dogs out there that already don't have homes.

Breeding should be saved for really special and really nice dogs that
will truly add something to the breed. By that I mean dogs that have
become champions, *won competitions, are a cut above the rest, dogs that
have genes that should be passed on.

If you want more than one dog please contact a rescue and give one a home.

Char

you don't know anything about our dog.

Could that be because you haven't told us anything about her?

for your information our dog is
trained to track humans, dead and alive on a trail up to 300 hours
old! her dad won a 7 day tournament in tracking, and her mom won an
endurance compatition in west texas, competing against 150 different
breeds. she is akc and ckc registered, and being trained more and more
every day!

Those appear to be rather limited credentials; also, what has she
herself achieved?

anyways... i'm not going to waste my time rebuttaling on
why i want to breed my dog,

Then why should anyone here want to waste his or her time trying to
help you?

Look, if you want to breed your dog, no one can stop you. But you
don't appear to be very selective in trying to find a dog to breed her
to. And that may suggest that you don't know anything about breeding.
If you did know what you were doing, you'd already know the names and
credentials of stud dogs (and how to find them) you would want to
breed her to, wouldn't you?

I think you just want to make more bloodhounds, and don't really care
about trying to improve the breed. If I'm right about that, no one
here should be interested in helping you.