Macula has a 'something'

Old July 14th 03, 04:18 AM
Marie

Default Macula has a 'something'

....on her lip.

I noticed it today as she begged food from one of my nieces. It's right on
the corner of the mouth, it's black, round, about the size of a dried pea,
and rough in texture. I tried to take a picture to show you all, but small
black on black fur...wel, my camera's not that good.

I'm calling the vet tomorrow, but I'm scared--could this be something
serious?

--
Marie
Meet Macula at http://members.rogers.com/mmcw/

Old July 14th 03, 03:01 PM
Shannon

It sounds a lot like a wart. They tend to go away by themselves.
-shannon
le.rogers.com...

Old July 14th 03, 05:27 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"Marie" wrote in news:wipQa.33109$1aB1.6016
@news02.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

I'm calling the vet tomorrow, but I'm scared--could this be something
serious?

This was sent to me to pass on by someone who lurks here but is
uncomfortable posting.

possible causes of warts:

Moniezia Scolex: - large tapeworm of head, -symptoms: reluctant
bowel movement, promotes wart formation,

Pappiloma virus:
http://members.shaw.ca/virology/papillomavirus.htm
squamous cell carcinoma: The mouth is the fourth most common site of
cancer
in domestic animals. It may be that mouth cancers arise at such high
frequencies in dogs and cats because carcinogens from the air land on
their
coats and get into their oral tissues when they groom them-selves. Breeds
with dark pigment in the mouth, are prone to melanoma in the
mouth.Swelling
around a tooth when there is no tooth injury or dental disease could be a
sign of mouth cancer.

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'He's dead Jim. Grab his tricorder.
I'll get his wallet.'

Old July 14th 03, 05:31 PM
Gwen Watson

Marie wrote:

I'm calling the vet tomorrow, but I'm scared--could this be something
serious?

--
Marie
Meet Macula at http://members.rogers.com/mmcw/

Please keep us posted. I am glad you are calling the Vet.

Gwen

Old July 14th 03, 07:11 PM
Donna

Judy has one just under her eye, its a little round black piece of skin that
the vet said is a wart. )

Donna