Tormenting Behaviour

Old August 5th 09, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Steve[_4_]

Default Tormenting Behaviour

Tonight my wife and I were watching our dogs play outside without them
knowing we were looking and I noticed some heightened behaviour in our Lab.
She is a chocolate 14 months old and she was deliberately tormenting our
foxy x.
At first he was faking biting him on the bum then poking (not stepping on or
pawing but poking as a human would poke) him while smiling and wagging her
tail. She would then fake biting him near the ears and what realy surprised
me was she would wave her paw near his face repeatedly until he reacted.
Every time he reacted was in a playful manner of fighting and he didn't seem
at all bothered by the play.
Something we've seen many times is the foxy x torment her with treat bones.
We give them baked biscuit bones as a treat and the foxy won't eat his until
the lab has eaten hers and then he will proceed to take 40 minutes to nibble
it to nothing and you can actually see the smile on his face as the lab sits
with her nose 3 inches away with a puddle of drool under her chin waiting
for a chance to steal his treat.
Is this common? Both dogs have a beautiful nature and are very loving
especially to my 9yo step son and neither have ever shown aggression to
other dogs or people. In fact the lab likes to groom you when you give her a
scratch and generally both are well behaved and eager to please without
having any serious training. I'd like to hear some opinions n the teasing
thing.

Old August 6th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kat

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

I have limited experience but my GSP & cocker/daschund X do this all the
time with treats/balls/you name it - only mine aren't as playful as yours
are about it!

Kathy

Old August 6th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

"Steve" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

At first he was faking biting him on the bum then poking
(not stepping on or pawing but poking as a human would
poke) him while smiling and wagging her tail. She would
then fake biting him near the ears and what realy surprised
me was she would wave her paw near his face repeatedly
until he reacted. Every time he reacted was in a playful
manner of fighting and he didn't seem at all bothered by
the play.

He wants to play. Sometimes the manner of inviting play is
inappropriate and you have to decide what's good. This will
depend upon their reactions.

Your behaviour wuffstuff Dog behavior 12 July 19th 08 05:43 PM
dog behaviour Mon Dog behavior 4 March 23rd 07 05:02 PM
Dog Behaviour Bracks 1 Dog behavior 3 December 24th 04 12:03 AM
Strange behaviour Ryan's Dog behavior 0 June 16th 04 07:45 PM
Odd Behaviour Mark/Shell Dog behavior 14 July 20th 03 12:18 AM