My turn to play "name that breed"

Old July 14th 03, 05:58 PM
Jason C.

Default My turn to play "name that breed"

Ok, after seeing all the great responses to a few other "name my
breed" requests, I thought I'd go ahead and ask the same question of
our Zoe:

http://resequenced.com/pictures/zoe/

Weight: 55 (more like 45 in earlier pictures, when we first brought
her home)

Age: 15 months now, but 12 months in eariler pictures.

Appearance: Patches of white on chest and belly. Rose ears that are
folded back most of the time like a Greyhound.

Personality: Very intense and alert. All the other Labs in her
obedience class seemed dopey next to her. Very strong prey drive -
wants to chase everything, from flys, to motorcycles. Greets us with
full body wags, wound up in a tight little circle against our shins,
with her head against the floor. An endless supply of energy - the
more excercise I give her, the more wound up she gets. I just can't
wear her out.

Our best guess at the moment is Lab/Sighthound of some sort. A bit on
the small side for Lab/Greyhound cross though. Maybe some BC? The
shelter said Lab/Pointer, but we really don't see any Pointer in her,
accept for maybe her body shape. Ears and narrow muzzle are neither
Lab nor Pointer.

Any ideas? Probably a Heinz 57 of some sort, but it's always fun to
guess anyways.

Thanks!
-Jay
Old July 14th 03, 06:41 PM
ceb

(Jason C.) wrote in news:9d4e613e.0307140858.3e4255c0
@posting.google.com:

Ok, after seeing all the great responses to a few other "name my
breed" requests, I thought I'd go ahead and ask the same question of
our Zoe:

http://resequenced.com/pictures/zoe/

"Cute black dog"? Around here, she would be tagged a "lab mix."

Love the picture of her surrounded by stuffing!

--Catherine
& another Zoe, the cockerchow, also black but with quite the coat
Old July 14th 03, 06:52 PM
Suja

Jason C. wrote:

Any ideas? Probably a Heinz 57 of some sort, but it's always fun to
guess anyways.

I really should stop playing. I see Pits everywhere. Guess: Pit x
supermodel.

Suja
P.S. Does she really watch dog shows, or is that a fluke?

Old July 14th 03, 07:14 PM
Rocky

Suja said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Guess: Pit x supermodel.

Hey! That's my line! Good thing I read the whole thread before
posting.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.
Old July 14th 03, 07:27 PM
Tara O.

In some photos she just looks like a byb Lab. In others (something about
the ears and color of her eyes) she looks 80% Lab with something mixed in.
I don't see anything remotely "bully" (Pit Bull, Boxer, Bulldog, etc) in her
though.

--
Tara

Old July 14th 03, 07:31 PM
Suja

Rocky wrote:

Hey! That's my line! Good thing I read the whole thread before
posting.

I take it you see supermodels everywhere?
Suja

Old July 14th 03, 07:42 PM
Suja

Gwen Watson wrote

Suja wrote:
Guess: Pit x
supermodel.

I love this. I sort of thought pit.

Apparently that was Matt's line. So, all credit goes to him.

Suja

Old July 14th 03, 08:00 PM
sionnach

"Jayjay" wrote:

Looks like she could be a littermate of Chloe's. :-)

She also looks a HECK of a lot like my agility instructor's McNab Not to
mention that her described behaviour yells "herding dog". G

And I *love* the picture of her lying by the coffee table with stuffing
strewn roundabout. ;-)

Old July 14th 03, 08:03 PM
Rocky

Suja said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Apparently that was Matt's line. So, all credit goes to him.

Heh.

BTW, by posting "name that breed" threads to rpd.behavior,
people are missing out on a valuable resource available only on
rpd.breeds - Liisa.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.