Photos of Egyptian animals

Old August 21st 09, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
William Clodius[_2_]

Default Photos of Egyptian animals

Mostly dogs. In late 2006 we went on a trip to Egypt. Most of the photos
were of all the ruins that professional have done to death. Some of the
less touristy photos I thought might be of interest to others. The set
is available at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30081833@N06/sets/72157621974338833/
A few I particularly like, the photos of the mother and her pups
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3008183...et-72157621974
338833/
The sleeping pup
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3008183...et-72157621974
338833/
and two old dogs

--
Bill Clodius
los the lost and net the pet to email
Old August 29th 09, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
dejablues[_2_]

"William Clodius" wrote in message
Mostly dogs. In late 2006 we went on a trip to Egypt. Most of the photos
were of all the ruins that professional have done to death. Some of the
less touristy photos I thought might be of interest to others. The set
is available at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30081833@N06/sets/72157621974338833/
A few I particularly like, the photos of the mother and her pups
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3008183...et-72157621974
338833/
The sleeping pup
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3008183...et-72157621974
338833/
and two old dogs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3008183...et-72157621974
338833/

Those photos make me sad. Dogs (and cats) are treated terribly in Muslim
countries like Egypt.

Old August 29th 09, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen[_3_]

"dejablues" wrote in message

"William Clodius" wrote in message
Mostly dogs. In late 2006 we went on a trip to Egypt. Most of the photos
were of all the ruins that professional have done to death. Some of the
less touristy photos I thought might be of interest to others. The set
is available at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30081833@N06/sets/72157621974338833/
A few I particularly like, the photos of the mother and her pups
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3008183...et-72157621974
338833/
The sleeping pup
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3008183...et-72157621974
338833/
and two old dogs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3008183...et-72157621974
338833/

Those photos make me sad. Dogs (and cats) are treated terribly in Muslim
countries like Egypt.

I thought it was refreshing to see dogs allowed to run free and interact
naturally with each other and with people. They did not seem to be
malnourished, ill, or unstable. There is probably not much high speed
traffic which is the biggest danger to dogs off-leash and unfenced. These
dogs are probably well-loved and cared for by locals and tourists, and they
also have their freedom, which is priceless.

Thanks for the photos, William!

Paul and Muttley