Noahs arc

Old July 14th 03, 11:17 PM
Dimpled Chad

Default Noahs arc

On 14 Jul 2003, montana opined:

In article ,
Steve K wrote:

If there were only two dogs on Noah's Arc, why are there so many pure
breds around the world? How is that possible? If those two dogs were the
same breed, that's all we'd have, if they were different breeds than
there is no such thing as a pure bred.

Sorry, had to ask.

Do they teach spelling at Cornell?

Chuckle.
Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

2 legit 2 quit

Old July 15th 03, 12:53 PM
Steve K

In article , montana
wrote:

In article ,
Steve K wrote:

If there were only two dogs on Noah's Arc, why are there so many pure
breds around the world? How is that possible? If those two dogs were
the
same breed, that's all we'd have, if they were different breeds than
there is no such thing as a pure bred.

Sorry, had to ask.

Do they teach spelling at Cornell?

I've never had to actually spell purebred in my life so I took a chance.

And, no, to your question.
Old July 15th 03, 12:57 PM
Melinda Shore

In article ,
Chris Williams wrote:
Generations of selective breeding for desired characteristics, Steve.
And, apparently, eager to revert.

The most interesting thing about this discussion (perhaps
the only one - sorry) is that nobody has yet disputed the
base assumption.

If you don't understand how things are connected, the cause of
problems is solutions -- Amory Lovins
Old July 15th 03, 12:59 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 15 Jul 2003, Melinda Shore opined:

The most interesting thing about this discussion (perhaps
the only one - sorry) is that nobody has yet disputed the
base assumption.

I wasn't aware that it had risen to the level of discussion yet...
Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

'A goal is a dream taken seriously.' - Henry David
Thoreau

Old July 15th 03, 11:36 PM
montana

In article ,
"sionnach" wrote:

"Dimpled Chad" wrote:

I don't think montana had a problem with purebred.

He did, however, misspell that word two times in his first post. Or to be
more precise, he broke it up into the component words.

As far as Noah's Arc goes, from the subject header I thought "Steve"
must be talking about the origin of the rainbow....

Purebred is an acceptable spelling. If you're going to troll about
creationism from a college account, you should know how to spell ark.
It's only three letters and the "c" on the keyboard is too far away from
the "k" to account for a typo.
Old July 16th 03, 05:42 AM
montana

In article [email protected],
Rocky wrote:

montana said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

If you're going to troll about
creationism from a college account, you should know how to
spell ark. It's only three letters and the "c" on the
keyboard is too far away from the "k" to account for a
typo.

I doubt that it was a troll. In my opinion, spelding
corrections do more harm than good.

I think you're right. I didn't do my homework before I snarked at Steve
K and I apologize for it.
Old July 16th 03, 10:18 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 16 Jul 2003, Lee DeRaud opined:

On 15 Jul 2003 11:56:09 GMT, Dimpled Chad
wrote:

This board tends not to get into the issues of the biblical creation
myths.

"Biblical creation? That's easy: bibles were created by Gutenberg."
"The goofy-lookin' guy from 'Diner'?!?"

*chuckle*

Yay! Hiya, Lee! Good to see you back.

Chad
(my bibles were created at Oxford Press, thankyouverymuch)

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

War doesn't determine who's right, but who's left.

Old July 16th 03, 10:30 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 16 Jul 2003, sionnach opined:

"Dimpled Chad" wrote:
He did, however, misspell that word two times in his first post. Or to

be
more precise, he broke it up into the component words.

Yeah, but that's not that big a deal.

I only mentioned it because "Steve", himself, assumed that it was the
misspelling in question. G

*smile* Yup.
Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

"Better not take a dog on the Space Shuttle, because
if he sticks his head out when you're coming home
his face might burn up." -Jack Handey